Our mission

time to drill!

I need to drill my 20g High for a drain and return to my 10g sump. If anyone has the bits and the drill (i want to do 3/4 drain and 1" return) let me know im free today (kinda late) and tomorrow. Ill buy ya some dinner or a case of beer or something for helping me out :D

Is your tank glass or acrylic? In either case, the bulkhead will drive the size of the hole you need to drill. If your tank is acrylic, you can purchase a hole cutter (that attaches to any drill) from a hardware store. We just bought one from Lowe's for my 1.5" bulkhead... it requires a 2 3/8" diameter hole. For glass tanks, that requires a special diamond-coated drill and enough water and suction cups to prevent cracking. I had a friend down south drill my 29 gallon glass tank.

I have drilled a few tanks in my day, i was just poking at the idea if someone had the glass hole saws and was willing to help that i would appreciate it very much. If nothing else I will just buy the hole saws and do it at home, just new to the area and trying to make some new reefer friends :D

Back