High Tide Aquatics

tribbitt's 20L Build

From what I can see, I’m guessing that area is fairly low flow and lower par. Comes down to personal taste, but that’s a great area for a little Acan garden.
Like I mentioned in the post, the reddish zoas (near the nepthea) on the same spot on the opposite side of the tank have stretched to two inches long, and it's extremely low flow. Sponge filter amounts of flow.

I do love micromussa, so maybe it's time to grab some! They are a little pricey, however. Do you know of any good deals?

Like I mentioned in the post, the reddish zoas (near the nepthea) on the same spot on the opposite side of the tank have stretched to two inches long, and it's extremely low flow. Sponge filter amounts of flow.

I do love micromussa, so maybe it's time to grab some! They are a little pricey, however. Do you know of any good deals?
Neptune sells single polyp frags for $10. Can occasionally catch some nice ones there. Otherwise, we have the CFM coming up where you might snag a good deal.

Some updates! The tank is looking much more filled-out.

Big shoutout to @nlopedota for giving me a Kessil to use. It's beautiful, and does everything I need. The shimmer is unreal. I'm very grateful, and I'm confident it'll draw color out of the corals that were masked by my previous light.

IMG_3396.jpeg

At @Invictus's recommendation, I got myself an acan from Clear Water aquarium. As a result of shipping stress it's a little bleached, but I've got it on the sandbed and have been feeding it regularly.

IMG_3370.jpeg

At Saturday's Coral Farmers Market I kept finding really good deals that I couldn't pass up. I got two pieces of Alveopora, a bucket list coral that I've wanted for its really cool texture from before I had a tank. I got a nice green ($10) and a lovely warm cream one ($30). The green one hasn't fully opened yet, so here's a picture of the cream one (color rendition isn't as accurate as I'd like, but you get the idea.)

IMG_3378.jpeg

From the same seller I got this nice Duncanopsammia for $10, which has now taken residence in the bottom left of the tank, adding visual interest and movement to a spot that used to be overshadowed by the hammers just above it.

IMG_3395.jpeg

Speaking of hammers, I also got this lovely piece from the CFM for just $10.

IMG_3393.jpeg

At Clear Water today I fragged all the large heads off of a colony of splatter hammer, and found a ton of tiny polyps on the skeleton, which I thought was neat. I got it using some old store credit from trading in a leather, which is so worth it.

IMG_3394.jpeg

On the topic of weird reproduction, I also saw this plate coral, presumably Heliofungia fralinae, which is budding a couple babies on the right-side fringe of its skeleton.

IMG_3337.jpeg

I've been so wrapped up in this cool coral and that new fish that I haven't taken a breath to just look at how far I've come.

I have Acropora and macroalgae and other things I didn't think I would discover a passion for. And I have so many things that, as a newbie, I saw and instantly fell in love with - Alveopora, when I saw it in an online post. A Banggai Cardinalfish, which caught my eye in a tank showcase. Fox coral which I thought was so puffy, and rainbowy Tequila Sunrise mushrooms lining the sand, both of which I saw the first time I ever stepped into a local fish store.

I can still remember watching my first Coralfish12g video.

Here's an up-to-date picture of my small curated slice of the reef :)

IMG_3389.jpeg

Attachments

• 1714957849567.jpeg
    1714957849567.jpeg
    92.3 KB · Views: 14
Last edited:
Back