Our mission

Tripled Flow

patchin

Supporting Member
Our 40 ga tank has always had minimum flow. I am trying a MJ1200 and it has about tripled my flow. Is that too drastic a change for the existing corals? We do have shimmer for the first time, though. Looks cool.
Atleast 1 coral has pulled in it's polyps. Now the polyps are out again. I think I'll turn it off until I get some opinions. Thanks, guys.

We have a lot of white round sponges. Good or bad? Thanks

I think it's fine, but I also think that it may depend on how you direct the flow.

Heh? you ask. If you aim the pump's outflow to a corner have it bank off the corner or a side of the tank if may lesson the turbulence you're seeing.

I think 3x flow would be fine. If you haven't removed that sandbed yet, make very sure the powerhead can't fall down in the middle of the night. That could be very bad.

corals will adjust to more flow, so the reaction you see is them reacting to a new force, but eventually they should welcome it.

I recently installed a Koralia 2 in my 46g bow front and my tank is loving it. I had to do some adjusting so that my zoa's weren't in the line of fire. The amount of waste that settles on rock surfaces has gone down too. I'm considering getting another.

Back