Reef nutrition

Tube Worm??

Kmooresf

Supporting Member
This guy has been living on my Stylo since I got it. Haven't really been able to watch it much as it was way in the back of the tank. Moving stuff around this week and the stylo ended up in the front for a bit. Took a video of the worm. Never seen one like it, but it is interesting to watch it send out it's sticky streamer and then chomp it back in. Takes a healthy dump at the end of the video. LOL! I assume it is not something to be too concerned about as it has been in there a very long time and I have never noticed any problems with the stylo or other corals around it. Here is a vid. If I should be concerned, please let me know. Thx.

[YouTube]awsvJzKTpEc[/YouTube]

Chris
You're just the man for the job! Get a metal poker and stab that sucker right in the face! The mucus threads collect detritus and annoy corals. One is cool but they can become a real problem.

Good call Mike! That is exactly what it is. Found a good article about them. http://reefkeeping.com/issues/2005-01/rs/index.php

Seems the larger variety like this one aren't as much of a problem, but it's not worth the risk, so I will "take care of it." >)

Thales said:
A drop of superglue over the opening will seal their fate. Get it...seal...

:bigsmile: I'll remember that next time.

I used a large pair of tweasers and pulled it out. That sucker was about 3" long! Wasn't expecting that. Gone now, thanks for the advice. ;)

Kensington Reefer said:
But if you stab and break open the shell, something can come eat it. That "better" than just murder
:p

My only method for taking care of them. Why grow to kill when you can use it to feed :)

Kensington Reefer said:
But if you stab and break open the shell, something can come eat it. That "better" than just murder
:p

Depends on where it is. Sometimes its not possible to break it enough to kill the snail without hurting something you don't want to hurt, or sometimes its not possible to get at it in a way that can let you break it open.

Back