Jestersix

TUNA!

JAR

Tuna are schooling off the coast just past the Farallon Islands.
I'm going fishing tomorrow... early!
Yahoo!
http://www.tempbreak.com/index.php?&cwregion=cc

4 fish for 3 guys to 15lbs.
Some did better,some worse, all near the gumdrop sea mount.
saw dolphin and a huge mola mola.
kinda slow but the season is just starting.
Sashimi for dinner!

Just ask Craig (fish4alivin) and he can setup a Fishing Trip for you guys. Our club just had one. Fishing for Rock fish. I didn't go but from the pictures it looked like fun.

Yes! After a year of no albacore, looks like the offshore waters are holding some fish. Problem is that for the next 5 days, the weather will be coming up. This should give us a good opportunity to view a clear satellite shot of the region. The NW winds should form a definitive temperature break, which is what we want. I had marked my boat off for two days, so I could leave Tuesday morning. With the weather coming up, those plans may change. I will decide tomorrow after I run my Farallon Island Trip. I should be able to determine how fast the seas are building.

Normally in July, there is a week or more of flat calm weather coupled with a light southerly breeze and swell. This typically brings the warmer water just off our seamounts. But usually July is windy offshore, so that party usually blows out as fast as it starts. Then its into August, when our offshore weather begins to subside, and the action heats up! August, September, and into October, those are the months we really have the weather for that fishery.

sfsuphysics said:
Wow fishez4alivin lives up to his nickname... don't think I've heard such technical jargon about fishing mentioned before :D

If that's technical then you'd be highly suprised at just how technical they get :) It's a science.

I was coming through the gate at about 4pm last night and you were going out!
Did you do an evening fishing trip? How was it?

GreshamH said:
sfsuphysics said:
Wow fishez4alivin lives up to his nickname... don't think I've heard such technical jargon about fishing mentioned before :D

If that's technical then you'd be highly suprised at just how technical they get :) It's a science.

So true, the sad part is that the trends are no longer seasonal which makes it even more difficult to plan your life around the ocean :(

IMO it makes it more of a challenge, but I'm all for making it challenging for people. Hopefully gone are the days of long lining!!!

At least we have technology no a days. I used to have to get weather reports and figure out wave size from that. Now you can jump on the puter and find it out super easy.

FWIW Oceanography was my favorite HS class and I excelled at it :)

I just joined BAR but I like what I'm seeing. I love my fish. In my tank and at the end of my line. If welcome, I would love to join a trip with BAR members and share knowledge.

Jack

In like Flynn ... psh
InLikeFlint-BobPeakArt_webLrg1000s.jpg

JAR said:
I was coming through the gate at about 4pm last night and you were going out!
Did you do an evening fishing trip? How was it?

No, I wanted to go fish a few drifts at Pt. Diablo, we ended up sticking a few halibut out there to like 25 lbs. I had my old deckhand aboard for his birthday party charter, we fished the Islands, then ran to Muir Beach for halibut, hit Angel Island for a few bass, then to Pt. Diablo for more halibut.
Yeah I fish pretty late, I try to give the customer a long day.

Back