Kessil

Unintended website outage today

cwolfus

Past President
Sorry if you experienced an outage earlier today.

As you have figured out, last weekend's "maintenance" was very involved and created a number of problems. Not only did we upgrade our forum software and add a new system to house our website, but we also moved to a new provider. All of these changes have presented substantial problems.

Today's outage was caused by our error in making some preparations for fixes to problems caused by last weekend's changes. We'll do what we can to keep it from happening again.

This weekend, PixelPixie is planning to return the sponsor banners and some of the menu bar links to the forums. Hopefully that will help a bit.

Thanks for your patience.

C

I told my husband, "I'm getting pop-up adds, and they are not going away...Do you think I got a virus?" He took one look and said, "Their site is down." Good thing I have a technical husband, I was on the verge of panic. ;D

Pu-leeze!!!!

You're doing all these upgrades on your own time. Things happen and it's not like we were down for a whole day.

Thanks for fixing the issues! :D

I'm so upset at Erin, I mean hell there was like a couple hours without the BAR website???? Do you realize what I could have been missing on the intarweb!!!! :D

(That was a joke btw ;))

It was good to have an outage, it forced me to do those things I've been procrastinating. :D

BTW, thanks for all your hard work. :D Rarely does everything go perfectly the first time. I always see my husband putting in fixes to the code he or someone else wrote. Whenever there is a major system transfer, there is always a bit of 'Hold your breath" then wait and see. Everything gets fixed in the end though, just takes a bit of tweeking. :D

Hey Erin,

I've mostly been lurking lately but wanted to thank you for your efforts, really. No worries, I think everyone is happy to have you doing this for all of our benefit.

Back