Cali Kid Corals

wavemaker/water movement for 92 Corner Bow tank?

anyone tried a wavemaker box on a corner bow before?
What are my options for good water movement for the 92 bow? I've seen the tunze wavemakers have 2inch wakes on the rectangular or even the bowfronts. Is that even achievable with the corner bows?

please discuss thanks!

IME wavemakers work best on long tanks.... which your is not. I'd go with a mix of 3 powerheads, Tunze, Koralia or Eco Tech.... brand and versions depending on what your desired flow and budget is.

Jeff, not all wave makers work best on longer tanks. The tunze nano-wave box actually works better on short tanks vs long tanks. However, the fact that you have a corner overflow may not be the best thing. Wave boxes work best on tanks with a center overflow.

Corner bows are tough. I service one that I've had to tweak over and over AFA flow.

The best I could come up with is to use the curvature of the glass to create a circular gyre, the tank is set up kind of lame as the owner wants to spend more money on fish and corals than equipment, but basically it's a SQD powered by a mag 9.5 with the flow alternating from side to side. That along with the return is enough flow for softies and some LPS. For more advanced corals I'd go with a closed loop on an OM, or two Vortechs.

[quote author=tuberider link=topic=6443.msg83128#msg83128 date=1235181727]
For more advanced corals I'd go with a closed loop on an OM, or two Vortechs.
[/quote]

any thoughts on the plumbing setup for the OM? are you talkin 4 way, 8way is to much for a 92 right? You got me thinking on the OM, most of the high end stuff I see have OMs, cant see a thing (no ugly powerheads), and the tank has great movement. what do you think of OM's revolutions?

Just a simple 4-way is fine pushing from one side to another using the curvature of the glass to guide the water in a circular pattern.

Back