What are my clowns doing

Discussion in 'Breeding' started by Djmodx4, Jan 12, 2016.

1. Djmodx4

Djmodx4 Guest

Woke up this morning saw my clowns just going in circles nose to tail at first I thought they were firing so I gave them some brine shrimp and they sprinted to them was wondering if anyone could tell me what's going on

Attached Files:

2. Enderturtle

Enderturtle Volunteer

They look young in a tank with no rocks/structures for them to hide in. They also look new.

Probably hanging out next to each other for safety.

Very cute though!

3. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

They are called clown fish for a reason! :)

Have you thought of giving them some structures to play/hide among? Two inch PVC elbows and tees are cheap and easy to clean.

4. Kensington Reefer

Kensington Reefer Supporting Member

they're sniffing each other's butts!
    vying for dominance

Kmooresf likes this.
  5. Cymen

Cymen Guest

Do your clowns sleep on the sand? Mine literally goes to a back corner of the tank and keels over on his side to snooze. I am a newbie to saltwater and I thought he was dying. But he does it night after night and is poping around in the morning and the rest of the day (and eating). More character than I expected :).

6. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Are they moving the sand? That is a common sweeping/nesting behavior that is a precursor to egg laying

7. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

I could be wrong but I think they're too small for that.

8. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Well the pics are tiny an we know nothing abou the poster his tank or his fish, so yeah, just a wild guess on my part. Doesn't look like he has even come back on to look at his responses, so who cares

9. Flagg37

Flagg37 Officer at large

Agreed.

10. Prince Shah

Prince Shah Supporting Member

courtship......