What are you guys buying during black Friday

Discussion in 'Other Reef Talk' started by Calde0920, Nov 24, 2016.

1. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

What's that lps grow bottle?

2. Flagg37

Flagg37 Colorado member

I bought that same plastic pincher grabber thing. I can't say I'm terribly impressed by it. It does the job but I can't seem to grab things gently.

What's the rest of the stuff?

3. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

Looks like quite the haul there. Julian's feeder (plus an assortment of food for the corals), the Eheim plastic grabber, couple of WAV pumps, Syncra 0.5 pump (possibly for a media reactor somewhere), Marinepure media blocks, carbon pads, Hanna checker, and what looks like a blue KZ bottle (Pohl's possibly?). That's only on the top there there. Looks like there a mess of other stuff underneath.

Coral reefer likes this.
  4. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Syncra 5.0, my return pump till COR come out, not carbon pad but the coral propagation kit ;p, the blue bottle is coral rx. The rest are WAVs, eheim heaters

Some sort of coral foods, I'm not sure, but @Vhuang168 told me to get it lol.

I figured it will have limited usage, but I'll take any way to have less arm in tank time. I have long 18" tweezers too but not sure if they are saltwater safe

5. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Damn, forgot to buy stuff yesterday since I was so busy... oh well, I would have saved only a few bucks on a heater and diamond bits to drill with.

Although I did order a bunch of fish food, on Sunday before Thanksgiving... yeah I got the free shipping via pack mule, but geeze I would have thought it would have arrived by now.

6. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

I picked up a 16" SB Reef light, BRS dosing pumps, plumbing supplies, mini reactor, tunze nano ato, a skimz skimmer, marine pure balls and a new jebao return pump...

7. Vhuang168

Vhuang168 Supporting Member

Hey you asked me what I use and I told you. Don't blame me for your own frivolous spending! :p

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Coral reefer likes this.
  8. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Man really not liking Dr Foster & Smith now. ordered on the 20th, didn't actually ship until the 22nd, now I get there was a holiday weekend, but it's scheduled for delivery on Dec 2? I mean come on! Mules can move faster than that.

9. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

I bought a replacement Varios 4S DC pump for my Reef Octopus skimmer. I had not planned to, but the untimely death of the old one mandated that I do so. I did also restock my cleanup crew and also bought several Brightwell XPORT bio plates which Marine Depot had on for a great price. Oh, and two buckets of salt!

10. roostertech

roostertech reef noob

Brightwell make some crazy claim about their plate lol

1 plate treats up to 1,250 gallons aquarium capacity

11. bondolo

bondolo Supporting Member

Yeah, that seemed just as outrageous as BRS including about a dozen $65 Cermedia plates in their BRS 160 tank build.

I read a review of the Cermedia plates which said they performed about the same as 7X volume of base rock in a sump for nitrification though don't offer anything for pH buffering. I am still going to keep as much base rock in the sump as I have room for but these will hopefully help with ammonia and nitrates. I use GFO for phosphates. Even with an LED grow light I have had no luck with growing chaeto for nutrient export.

12. Calde0920

Calde0920 Guest

Got salifert nitrate test hanna phos checker, aquastik epoxy, red sea phos reducer, polypad wanted new lights but no money and I also need a brute to cook rock for the redsea

13. Klems

Klems Supporting Member

One new toy arrived for the new setup...

Attached Files:

Calde0920 likes this.