Neptune Aquatics

What do you think?

a-lee.. ALot of people use starboard. Which is the cutting board looking stuff you can purchase at tap plastic. It's super tough and will help with protecting the bottom of your tank.. Pvc and abs sheets can be had as well for really cheap. Cut to order at tap plastic.. white and black..

You might want to call wms just to get a quote over the phone for your 24x24x12.. It might surprise you.. If you want it rimless it wil be more due to it having to be made out of much thicker material than if you have it eurobraced which is what I would do...

I understand what you are say ing about your return pump now.. It's hard to get all your flow out of just the return pump.. You are better off adding a seperate closed loop if you don't want any extra powerheads in your tank.. You want slow turnover through your sump.. It increases the dwell time your skimmer has to be incontact with any given amount of water.. Makes it much more efficient.. Most recommend 3-5 times turnover of total water volume.. So a 30g tank and 20g total volume sump would take 150-250gph turnover.. Y ou'd want a pump that puts out 250-450 depending on head loss..

Also with all the holes you plan on drilling I'd definitely get an acrylic tank.. You can just go to town on it.. Eurobraced as well..

I have his addres....LoL. I forgot his name though and I'm trying to locate his ph#.

Also, RC thread mentioned a 20L. Those are 30" long, so probably won't fit under your planned stand. Standard 20H probably will though.

edit: got his ph# too. shoot me an email and I'll give it to you.

[quote author=phishphood link=topic=4713.msg57389#msg57389 date=1222998676]
Also, RC thread mentioned a 20L. Those are 30" long, so probably won't fit under your planned stand. Standard 20H probably will though.

edit: got his ph# too. shoot me an email and I'll give it to you.
[/quote]

E-mail sent a couple minutes ago! :)

Thanks phish - I really appreciate it. Regarding the sump; you're probably right. A 20H would be a little too tall for me though ... maybe a 15L or something - I'd also have to keep in mind the footprint of the skimmer I want. But I don't really want a custom sump.
Maybe I can also get a stand that is larger than the tank - this way I have more space for the sump. But I don't know if using a different stand other than the one rated for the tank is safe? :- Having my tank fall through the middle of the stand probably isn't good :p

Back