Cali Kid Corals

What is this thing taking over my rainbow tubes colony

Alexx

Supporting Member
I tried to dip in Iodide and scrape around and still no luck. Did this 2 times already. How could I get rid of this thing from the coral?

BA52A730-8BFF-447E-B0E7-20C59820EEA4.jpeg

Frag a piece without it and throw away. Looks like the dreaded clove polyps
aa I think I saw this at Garvin, in his tank long time ago; they are miniature clove polyp. I got clove polyp but these are really tiny ones, they don't grom longer like the other ones. I really need to get rid of these guys then. Don't want them reaching out on my rock

I had those hitchhike over on an aussie Homophyllia australis and it never regrew onto the edge that the polyps were extending onto. So commensal at best but likely outcompete growth wise.

I had a smaller variety come in on a frag purchased online a few years back. Luckily they were isolated on a frag rack but started growing through and finally killing the frag.
IMG_8024.jpg

I had a “Halloween” urchin that either ate or scraped it off rocks. I had too many for it to eradicate them though.
I saw it at aquatic collection in one of their old bathtub style systems and there was a clear streak in the blue cloves on the wall where it had just gone through. I demanded they sell it to me and they did. It lived many years.

Back