Cali Kid Corals

What topics would you like to hear in 2013 ?

Photography would be interesting & informative- whether smartphone or DSLR. If there could be a small tank with a couple corals showing how to shoot them and then displaying via overhead projector to edit & color balance that would be super cool.

lattehiatus said:
Keep them coming, guys and gals! Whether it be topics or speakers, what do you want to learn more about?

My wish list of speakers include:
Matt Wittenrich
Sanjay Joshi
Matt Pedersen
Julian Sprung
James Fatherree
Martin Moe
Ken Nedimyer
Randy Holmes Farley

Each of these illustrious individuals have areas of expertise I would be interested to hear a talk on.

good list i say add jake adams

Bart Shepherd is fantastic at Coral ID.

I brought this up a long time ago and now seems like a good time to revisit it. Since there are so many rockin' people in this club, have them put together talks about any of these issues and present them to the club. Do 3 30 minute talks for a meeting. There is no better way to learn than to teach. Woot!

Thales said:
Since there are so many rockin' people in this club, have them put together talks about any of these issues and present them to the club. Do 3 30 minute talks for a meeting. There is no better way to learn than to teach. Woot!

Plenty of talented folks here, and no need to be modest amongst friends! Post here or PM one of the BOD if you have a topic that you'd like to deliver a presentation on.

Thales said:
I brought this up a long time ago and now seems like a good time to revisit it. Since there are so many rockin' people in this club, have them put together talks about any of these issues and present them to the club. Do 3 30 minute talks for a meeting. There is no better way to learn than to teach. Woot!

I think this is a great idea. Or maybe one additional "member" talk when we have a guest speaker. I am sure there are lots of simple talks that members could give or even "here's my DIY project" presentations.

It might not be interesting to everyone but I could easily do a 30 minute talk about how to edit wikipedia pages on marine aquarium topics. I have about 1500 edits, about 90% of which are on marine species found in aquariums and my photos of species are found on about a dozen pages.

I second babycarseat's recommendation of the DIY toy filling machine talk.

FWIW Jake Adams asked me at Reef-A-Palooza if I'd pass on he'd love to come out and speak to the club again. I say you push for his water flow talk, make him dust it off and polish it up since there have been some new additions to the flow club.

Garden Age of Reefing?

Lettuce has no place in reef tanks!

you can request what ever you please, I'm just saying that flow talk is very relavent and worthy of dusting off since we have new member, and a refresher for older ones as I have seen portions of his talk pop up on the forum.

BAYMAC said:
Garden Age of Reefing?

Lettuce has no place in reef tanks!
Tom Barr :-D
DSCN0053.jpg

If Jake comes to BAR he's going to have to pony up a couple bottles of InstaFlow. I've been trying to get a bottle of it for years, it's as rare as unobtainium. :p

bondolo said:
It might not be interesting to everyone but I could easily do a 30 minute talk about how to edit wikipedia pages on marine aquarium topics. I have about 1500 edits, about 90% of which are on marine species found in aquariums and my photos of species are found on about a dozen pages.

I have my doubts about your claims, especially since there is still no Wikipedia entry for your one-of-a-kind Fukushima clownfish! :p

Back