what would you rec.???

Discussion in 'Equipment' started by eldiablosrt8, Nov 23, 2010.

1. CookieJar

CookieJar Guest

I've only had 1 pump for a return, Eheim 1262, and it's run non-stop for ~5 years without regular maintenance. Eheim for me.

2. Coral reefer

Coral reefer President

Because you'd need two to get the flow you want, and that way if something goes wrong you still got one runnin the show. I know it's more money, but worth it to have reliability? Find one used?

3. ryanjiang

ryanjiang Guest

Bryan what is estimated flow rate pushing to your DT? Do you use some sort of mechanic filtering other than skimmer?

4. sfboarders

sfboarders Guest

Average price for a used 1260 or 1262 run from $100 - $120. I've seen some being sold on RC for as low as $80. But you have to be quick to get it at that price. :D

5. gimmito

gimmito Supporting Member

Go with the 1262....gph a little closer to the mag 12. I bought mine used from RC for $100.
    +1 on what John said. ;)

6. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

If I had to guess, I would say maybe somewhere between 500-600 GPH assuming about a 12' or so head height and other losses along the way based on the mfg specs . Totally a SWAG though.

[​IMG]

7. eldiablosrt8

eldiablosrt8 Sponsor

thanks bryan i will just stick to the mag 12..... for my 4 foot or so head( not the one on my shoulder or _____) the 12 is by far best option, thanks again...

8. seminolecpa

seminolecpa Past President

Here is the Eheim Flow ratings for the 1260 and 1262 from the MD site

[​IMG]