Reef nutrition

whats everyone using for an auto feeder ?

I actually have four of these. My oldest has been running for almost 2 years without a problem. Dead silent and the charge lasts a good while if you don’t want to leave it plugged into a 5V USB cable. I use NLS pellets with it. I have a couple of AFS not in use, but they’re just too loud.

Zacro Automatic Fish Feeder - Rechargeable Timer Fish Feeder with USB Charger Cable, Fish Food Dispenser for Aquarium or Fish Tank https://smile.amazon.com/dp/B07M854...i_i_FX2VSDTRAVJSW1A0K4Y0?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

Last edited:
I use eheim, have AFS as well, but don't use right now.
The Avast Plank looks really cool, but it's $$. Thinking of trying to DIY something similar

I use the Neptune one too. Super loud but I only use it when I’m out of town. I could see it getting annoying if I was home & it ran a few times a day

@grizfyrfyter @Meshmez Don't want to hijack this thread, but thanks for the suggestions. My old clownfish gobbled up some type of NLS. I had a tiny bit left but my chromis group and dottyback seemed too slow to eat them before sinking or the particle size was too big. I will have to try again - thank you!

I wanna try the AFS at some point because integration with Apex. Any reason you're not using it?
It's loud (not that big of a deal), the front of the food container tends to fall off when trying to remove the canister (annoying, but also not a huge deal) but the main reason is the adjustment for how much food comes out is too coarse. I feed small size food.

You can borrow it if you want to check it out. I do plan to put it back in use once my new tank is set up.

It's loud (not that big of a deal), the front of the food container tends to fall off when trying to remove the canister (annoying, but also not a huge deal) but the main reason is the adjustment for how much food comes out is too coarse. I feed small size food.

You can borrow it if you want to check it out. I do plan to put it back in use once my new tank is set up.

That's funny. I can't get the right amount of food out of my ehiem. It's either way to little or to much. The afs is just right.

Back