got ethical husbandry?

Whats the hip 250 watt, 10 K ish bulb?

ive gotten good results with ushio 10k's...if they made 14k's id run them..ive also tried the hams..they seem more on the yellowish side..

Ushio does make a 14k and it looks like a 10k. I have a 400w 14k and I dislike it. Why? Because I was looking for blue and this wasn't blue. I keep it around now a backup bulb

The reeflux 10k is a nice white, not yellow at all (or at least was on my ballast)... that being said I'm scared of them because I was using those bulbs when my outbreak of "crap" occurred on my tank and many of my SPS STN'd (and it wasn't immediately after I used the bulb).... I know it's most like a coincidence that it happened at that time but it freaked me never the less :D

That being said, the XM bulb is a good bright bulb for a budget.

im running 14k blue life SPS bulbs right now on PFO ballast...theyre more on the blue side at first then go more to the white side once they break in..it still makes colors pop nonetheless..you can get an idea of how it looks on my tank thread (sorry for the crappy pics)..not sure on their PAR, but im getting decent growth..however, it could be the spider reflectors im using. I was thinking of switching to the reeflux 12k's w/ lumenarc minis...ill tell you how it goes..

I am currently changing it. I think the VHO will be on 12 hours and the mh will be on a total of 8 - 2 20K 400, 2 20 k 400 & 10 k 250, 2 10 k 250 and 2 20 k 250. And, I will be changing bulbs ever 6-8 months to see if that minimizes the PAR shock when I change bulbs.

So, the 10km's don't seem to fire on the coral vue e ballasts. New bulbs no work. Old bulbs back in work just fine. SUCK. Any thoughts of a different bulb?

I am thinking of the Iwasaki 6500 k, or changing ballasts.

I hate lighting. :D

Thats what I thought, but no. Some times the pop on but don't start. Sometimes they don't start.

Did you run the 10k xm? The marinedepot site doesn't say eballast for the 250 10K xm, but I will give them a call in the morning.

They should fire on an e ballast, that's strange. I had issues with my Iwasaki firing on an eballast recently and had to switch ballasts. I have run XM's on eballasts though.

Did you figure it out? My 10K XM bulbs run on e-ballast just fine but I once got new ones that never fired, they replaced them and I've never had another problem (except when they get too old they fire unreliably, then I look it up and see I'm over due to change them out anyway).

Back