Neptune Aquatics

Where do you buy your LCD?

I need to buy one for my bed room. I'm looking at the Samsung brand. 40" is somewhere around 1200-1500 at Fry's or Bestbuy. Do you know where I can get one for a good price? :D .. I need a wall mount bracket also but I think I will get that on ebay.

The sharp aquos has a really good image as far as LCDs go. They are a bit red shifted, but nothing you cant tweak to normal.

TV's are something I would personally want to buy from a B&M store. Most online stores do not warrant their tvs. It doesn't matter if they are DOA, they will make you deal with the manufactuer.

and if there is a problem with yoru TV, you can return to the B&M. Plus, they pretty much have a no questions asked return policy if you don't like what you get.

For anyone serious about their image, I would highly suggest getting AVIA to calibrate your TV. The wide range of improper settings on virtually every TV display section at a BM is highly influenced by their lack of calibration. You can have a potentially "perfect" TV appear shitty under a bad calibration.

Haha, man mine didn't. What I ended up doing was going to avsforum and looking to see what setting people with the same tv calibrated their tv to.

Thanks Eileen.. I will look into that. I was looking at similiar model.

Tell me more about the calibrate thing guys. Bestbuy want $400 just to install the wall bracket on the wall. I didn't even bother to ask how much they want for calibration. For $400 I can replace all the sheetrock in my room, repaint and run all the wires inwall myself ;D ..

The calibration process is pretty straight forward with AVIA. There are video instructions before each step. hard to get wrong. BB wouldn't know how to calibrate jack shit.

This is what you are talking about?
http://www.hdtvsupply.com/aviigutohoth.html

BB doesn't do it. They have another company does it for them.

it takes you through the proper adjustment on all your image settings. Most importantly, sharpness, contrast, hue, color

Back