Reef nutrition

Where to Find Filtered Water in S.F.

99sf

I just moved to S.F., and am searching for an inexpensive source of RO/DI water. Went to the SOMA Whole Foods store tonight and paid .39/gallon--yikes-- for water that passed through RO, UV, and carbon. I'd like to find another source of cheap filtered water. Do you have any suggestions?

I think that's cheap but LFS in Sf will have RODI; Aquatic Central on Ocean and Ocean Treasures on Duboce (bit pricier but if you don't know how often filters are swapped at the Whole Foods...)
Best investment an RODI unit; pays for itself.

I have the same problem in SF but have now been regularly filling up at that Whole Foods. An RO/DI unit is on my wanted list along with everything else: a controller, dosing pumps, ATO, Vortechs (yes, they're luxury items but I really want them some day), etc...

Check out the Merlin by Aqualogic! My buddy works at a whole foods not in the city but he said they replace them long after its been used.
We have a little light that comes on downstairs to tell us when the filters need to be changed. So far so good.hehe Deff, invest in a DI filter! I still use tap for the past few months and so far everything in my tanks there is no difference. Went back to DI still no difference just depends on the tank i suppose

nanocube-boy said:
If you are looking for RODI water, you can buy it at supermarket water machine vending. I used to buy it like that.

That might be RO water, but normaly is listed as Distilled water, it is NOT RO/DI water though as DI water isn't even good to drink

It says DI on the machine. So yea. Anyways I think if you are going to use the water often, my best advice is to tell you to get your own Rodi because it save a lot time, money and back issues from transporting them. Invest a good one, pump it with Auto shut off switch. Use it when ever you need it. I bought one for a fair price at AirwaterandIce and it's great.

Back