Jestersix

Which LFS to visit?

G

I am looking for some recommendations regarding LFS in the Bay Area. I am looking for all types of corals but maybe a focus on unique zoas. We will be in the area for a short time (live 4 hours away in Paradise) so I have to limit this to probably 1-2 stores (depending on location).

I am sure this topic has already been covered but I wasn't able to find the post. Thanks in advance.

I like Neptune Aquatics in Milpitas. They have a nice variety of coral frags at good prices and extremely friendly people. :)

I know there are some good ones in San Fran, but I don't head there much. Maybe someone else can give you a suggestion?

It really depends on where you are going to be at. There are good LFSs all through the area. Being on the east side, I tend to like going to Aquatic Collection and Neptune.

Here is a list of the BAR sponsors and their info
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/16

If you're looking for frags at good prices, my choice would be Neptune, especially if you're into LPS (acans and chalices).

For good deals on maricultured SPS colonies, I usually go to Aquatic Gallery.

For LE SPS frags, Atlantis... although I haven't seen as much stock come in there lately.

I saw Aquatic Collection during the BAR LFS tour and was really impressed with the setup, but haven't had a chance to swing by since they first set up.

880 South....
Atlantis Aquarium
Aquatic Collection
Aquatic Gallery
Neptunes
Jump over to 680 - 101
The Aquarium Showroom
Hit 87 to 85
and finish off at Dolphin Pet Village.

Bring your wallet and pack a lunch :lol:

wow, thanks for the quick replies.

GreshamH-you are just trying to get me in trouble.

Gomer said:
It really depends on where you are going to be at. There are good LFSs all through the area. Being on the east side, I tend to like going to Aquatic Collection and Neptune.

Here is a list of the BAR sponsors and their info
http://www.bareefers.org/home/node/16

+1 both are coral oriented stores

Back