High Tide Aquatics

Which one is easier to take care?

1. 210G FO
or
2. 12G Reef

The buyer for my 210G back out so I still have the tank. Not sure if I want to sell it any more. Which one do you think would be easier?

Thanks guys that is a lot of help ;D :D .

I have no skimmer or light. Setting up the 210G would cost a lot of $. I think the 12G is better but I like fish and can't keep too many fish in a 12G >:( ..

Phong, Home Depot shop lights with Phillips daylight tubes and some actinics running on double overdrive fluorescent ballasts.

Works fine for growing softies. Throw some fish in there, use macroalgae, and run skimmerless, then you're all set :D

LMK if you want the lights :D

I would think you would enjoy the 12g more than the 210g if time and money are an issue (well, you could say time is money :D). You wouldn't have to spend as much time cleaning and your daily chores for it should make it simpler.

I didn't know you can keep coral with those light Norman. The 210G is 30"D. Are you sure that doable??

I think I will just do a 12G macroalgae and zoa. The 210G can wait 8) .. Now I just need to set a date to do it. ;D

hey Phong, if you want to do something in between then I have a 90g for you buddy :D I also have a 24" JBJ Formosa DX that you can have if you can find a 20g tank :) Need a pump, how about a Koralia 4?

[quote author=fishme link=topic=2825.msg30159#msg30159 date=1200354544]
hey Phong, if you want to do something in between then I have a 90g for you buddy :D I also have a 24" JBJ Formosa DX that you can have if you can find a 20g tank :) Need a pump, how about a Koralia 4?
[/quote]

Well if you are giving stuff away put me down for both the light I have a 20 I've been thinking about using as a frag tank) and the tank too, I wouldn't mind upgrading my 46g :)

[/quote]

Sup Andy.. How is your tank? I need to come to your house to test out my camera ;D ..

The 90G would be great for the hospital tank. You should keep it. If you don't have room then I might be able to use it for the sump :) .. Always keep extra equipment. You never know when you will need it.

[quote author=LeviTillie link=topic=2825.msg30168#msg30168 date=1200359188]
[/quote]

Well if you are giving stuff away put me down for both the light I have a 20 I've been thinking about using as a frag tank) and the tank too, I wouldn't mind upgrading my 46g :)
[/quote]

sorry, this offer is to Phong only ;)

Because I have the 210G with stand and a 12G tank with 70W MH light. :)

Thanks Andy.. LMK when you have time. I like to see your tank.

[quote author=Elite link=topic=2825.msg30182#msg30182 date=1200371497]
Because I have the 210G with stand and a 12G tank with 70W MH light. :)

Thanks Andy.. LMK when you have time. I like to see your tank.
[/quote]I was just kidding, it's like asking, "golf cart or tank I'm not sure?"

Back