got ethical husbandry?

Wild Pacific on Discovery channel NOW!

Great show so far. After discussing the volcanic activity in the pacific, it's focusing on the coral reefs right now. Just talked about the crown of thorn starfish, parrotfish, and mating mandarins. Turn it on if you're not doing anything. Looks great in HD!

What was the name of the episode? They got a mini-marathon going now, and all I see is birds that look like they have cotton candy for tails!

I saw Surivor Man this morning on DSC and saw the dude ate raw giant clams! I was like...dang...that's a $60 clam. Makes me wanna eat the clams we have in the shop.... J)

Oh man, for once I'm happy for the dual showings that happened, managed to snatch up all three episodes last night, and there's another three tomorrow apparently, this show easily holds it's own to the Planet Earth series. Caught some of that Fiery Birth episode and man those clams just looked awesome.

I have decided, I want an island now :D

If it's not, I'm sure it will be, you don't make those types of documentaries without allowing them for sale later, tonight there's another 3 including the "making of" episode, keep an eye out for the dvd/bluray commercials :D

A quick google found this.

http://www.blu-ray.com/movies/movies.php?id=5686

So it's in the "pre-order" stage

sfsuphysics said:
Oh man, for once I'm happy for the dual showings that happened, managed to snatch up all three episodes last night, and there's another three tomorrow apparently, this show easily holds it's own to the Planet Earth series. Caught some of that Fiery Birth episode and man those clams just looked awesome.

I have decided, I want an island now :D

Yeah, those clams were amazing and the number of clams in close proximity was amazing. There was that arch structure that was all clams!

Yup amazing! Seeing those colonies of acropora growing on the side of the clams just looked too hot.

Apparently even after a volcano has been "flat topped" the clams themselves can build up an island apparently? Dead shells and what not.. I didn't quite understand that part of things though.

Oh yeah, that was very cool to see the acropora growing on the side of the clams. I thought I saw some monti caps as well.

I guess the dead shells essentially pile up much like shells would be washed ashore on a beach. Eventually, more and more dead shells pile up on the flat topped volcano and form an island. That is how I understand it but I'm not entirely sure. Time to start building your island by raising one clam at a time!

Yeah, I gathered shells piled up, but I couldn't imagine that they really pile up in such great numbers (which means equally large reproduction) such that they form an island, I mean that's some major kickassness going on there! Perhaps the shape of the shells allows them to interlock or something.

Eitherway, I need to find me a nice flat part reef with no island (hence no one staking claim!) and make a massive order to Clams Direct to start my project! ... shouldn't take what, few thousands years maybe? :D

Hahah sweet Erick! I know I most probably couldn't afford one that I'd like in any future time of me, but hey I'll browse through a Ferrari dealership too just need to stay away from the snooty salesmen :D

:lol: maybe a bit more for me....$220K a year in fact (after taxes) :lol:

*double take* wait isn't Stockton landlocked? Island where? In the aquaduct?

Either way for $220k, I'd rather get a run down place in hawaii that requires at least that much in repair cost... at least it won't be Stockton! :D

Back