Neptune Aquatics

Willie’s Last Aquarium Build

Hello. Well for some reason I got a bug up my butt. I keep thinking about my old 300 from 20 years ago. That aquarium was 8’x30”x24”. It use to be called the reefers dream aquarium cuz it was supposed to be the perfect size.
We’ll fast forward 20 years. My 190 is feeling a little narrow. I priced out some aquariums and they are just too expensive . I’ve always been a builder so here it is. My last aquarium.
Some assembly required. I’ll try to document it as much as I can. Dunno if anyone is interested. I’ve built aquariums before. Just not this big.
It’s gonna be a 8x3x2. External over flow. I’m hoping for a Steve Weast version of the rockwork. OG’s will know who he is.

Attachments

• IMG_2294.jpeg
    IMG_2294.jpeg
    186.9 KB · Views: 83
Hello. Well for some reason I got a bug up my butt. I keep thinking about my old 300 from 20 years ago. That aquarium was 8’x30”x24”. It use to be called the reefers dream aquarium cuz it was supposed to be the perfect size.
We’ll fast forward 20 years. My 190 is feeling a little narrow. I priced out some aquariums and they are just too expensive . I’ve always been a builder so here it is. My last aquarium.
Some assembly required. I’ll try to document it as much as I can. Dunno if anyone is interested. I’ve built aquariums before. Just not this big.
It’s gonna be a 8x3x2. External over flow. I’m hoping for a Steve Weast version of the rockwork. OG’s will know who he is.
I wanna see it ALL!!
including when you pass out from inhaling glue fumes!!

I only see 4 pieces of acrylic?

I like how we've got a little acrylic renaissance going on here in the club! Prob 10x better than any of the Tanked jobs when you're done.

You didn’t see his tank graveyard ?
I did. Took a walk up the hill. I was even more impressed. Did you see his boxes and boxes of real Tonga branch. That’s the most I’ve seen in one spot that was privately owned. I’m letting out all your secrets Erin. Lol

Last edited:
I picked up my tank from his graveyard lol
Only parts....
Too wet up there to safely carry your new beast of a tank down the hill.
Need a few days of sun
Ya grabbed the stand and plumbing
but it was very nice that the stand fit so nicely in your Model Y
Hope your wife let you sleep in the house!

Unpacked all the acrylic. As I’m looking at it. And I noticed it yesterday too but it was raining . Just didn’t click in my head cuz I’m slow like that. Anyone know what the problem is ?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    103.7 KB · Views: 69
The edges are saw cut. For a perfect finish the edges need to be routered. The edges need to be completely flat and smooth. I told the sales man a few times during the conversation that I’m building a large aquarium and that the edges needs to be perfect. He assured me they would be. After a discussion today. At first they wanted to change me an extra 200 for labor and make me come back another day. So they could router my old pieces. Then I got upset. They said they will cut me new pieces and router them free of charge. I have to return my old ones. It’s a 45 minute drive one way to this place from where I am. But hopefully Monday they will have it ready.

Back