XenForo Upgrade to 1.2

Discussion in 'Website' started by denzil, Jul 31, 2013.

1. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Hey everyone, just thought I'd let everyone know that we'll be upgrading to XenForo 1.2 during tonight's maintenance window. If you're interested in learning more about the improvements, please feel free to check them out here.

2. denzil

denzil Webmaster

We've had some technical difficulties in upgrading our site to version 1.2. You may observe some unusual or unexpected behavior with the forum so please report any issues you may find.

As a result, the upgrade to version 1.2 is postponed until our next maintenance window, Aug. 8.

3. FeliciaLynn

FeliciaLynn Supporting Member

Hey Denzil, I'm noticing some issues when I try to reply or post anything. Its not the same editor I had before where I could adjust font and size and such on a toolbar. Now its all in html code (I believe) and I don't know enough HTML code to format my posts. Did I change some setting accidentally, or is this a side effect of the issues from last night?

4. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Nope, it's likely due to last night's issues.

5. FeliciaLynn

Is it something we can fix? My posts are looking like a giant mess at the moment and I don't know enough HTML to format them nicely.

6. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

Preview option does not work either. Of course, with no formatting, not much to preview. :)

7. tr1gger

tr1gger Keyboard Cowboy

Do we seriously have to wait a week for all these issues to get fixed?

8. rygh

rygh Supporting Member

To be clear: Losing all formatting when you post is a pretty big deal. Seems more important than hitting a maintenance window. The other features, I certainly don't care about waiting. That said - We can't really complain too much to a volunteer! Basically, whatever works for Denzil.

goldielocke76 likes this.
  9. goldielocke76

goldielocke76 Supporting Member

Yes, a week is needed if he's busy, so he can devote more time to fixing things like the formatting on the forum. He was up until like, 5am working on this guys, and he was then at work at 8am or possibly earlier. I understand it may be frustrating, but like Mark mentioned, he is a volunteer and a one man show at this point. Please keep that in mind before posting criticism. And if you don't bear that in mind, being his GF, I will respectfully remind you to do so.

10. aqua-nut

aqua-nut Supporting Member

Well said!

It will also give everyone a chance to learn a little HTML! If you need an online class, my wife happens to teach HTML at Santa Rosa Junior College! :)

goldielocke76 and rygh like this.
  11. FeliciaLynn

No worries! I know Denzil is busy. I refuse to learn HTML, so in the meantime, everyone can just put up with my lack of formatting in posts. :)

12. neuro

neuro Webmaster

If anyone is willing to show me how to access the forum back end, I'd like to see If I can take a look at setting up the dbtc database. No promises though!!

13. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Hey everyone, sorry for the inconvenience this morning. I decided to take the day off of work today since I woke up feeling drowsy and exhausted. Since I was up, I figured I'd fix the forum while I was at it, with some caffeine. :)

Sorry again for the week of torture. Of course, I'm sure you all learned a little bit of HTML in the process which didn't hurt. ;)

14. neuro

neuro Webmaster

i hope you're feeling better. what ended up getting fixed/patched/improved?

15. denzil

denzil Webmaster

Yeah, much better than earlier. It was specifically having to do with how suphp handles file permissions. It was having a cow because some directories/files were too open, which was my original hypothesis. So I was right but I wasn't sure what the proper rules were but now I know!