Yellow Birdsnest

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by bluprntguy, Apr 27, 2014.

statistics
No Transactions
None
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

Description: I picked this one up at AquaExotic a few months ago. It was definitely yellow with purple polyps at the store, but it looks more yellow-green in my tank. Grows with a thin loose wavy structure. Super fast grower and very hardy. Good for beginners or anyone with an SPS tank. I'm not sure I have a photo, but the colony is in the latest video at my build thread.

Placement: Lower
    Lighting: Medium
    Flow: Moderate – Strong

RULES:
    1. Must be a BAR Member.
    2. Must give frags to at least three members before selling/trading it.
    3. Pickup in San Francisco or at next BAR meeting.
    4. If my colony dies, I get first dibs on a new frag.
    I have 3-5 frags to give away, so the first three people to respond will definitely get them. More may be available.

iCon likes this.
  2. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

I would love to grab one, going to be in SF in about an hour and sticking around for an hour or so (visiting another Bar member) :)

3. Devon

Devon Guest

Would you mind setting aside frag of that for me as well?

4. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

Just saw this. Shoot me a PM if you are still around and want to pick it up. I'm around all afternoon.

No problem.

5. nly04

nly04 Guest

I want one too if still available. Lmk. Thx.

6. Nav

Nav Director of Marketing & Photography

Me too, if any left?

7. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

Guaranteed frags for you guys! PM me and let me know if you want to pick them up of if I should bring them to the next meeting.

I think there is still one more frag in the sump.

8. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Hello,

Wanted to say thanks again and share a pic of the frag 2 days later, was wondering if this is normal PE based on how it was doing in your tank?

[​IMG]

9. bluprntguy

bluprntguy Webmaster

It looks like the underside has pretty good PE to me, a little more difficult to tell on the side to the left.

All my SPS are retracted right now due to all the dying hair algae that is flying around the water column. When you saw it in my tank it was probably locked up tight.

10. HiFidelity

HiFidelity Guest

Phone pic, when I shot it I was surprised I could even see polyps haha

Last edited: Apr 30, 2014