Supporting Member
This is from liveaquaria today...

Its like tesla stock..

Should have bought 100 yellow tangs earlier this year... haha

Attachments

• tang.PNG
    tang.PNG
    64.8 KB · Views: 223
Jebus. Looked and saw that even small koles are $100 now too (out of stock) so I wonder if there'll be a similar price jump due to the ban on collection.

Glad I got my tang when I did. :-/

i am the unlucky one. Hoping to pick up a kole tang in 2 weeks after my current batch of fish in QT . Oh well,

I've seen a few smaller ones at Neptune, and I know 360Coralz had several last time I was there. I'll try to keep an eye out for you on availability/pricing.

this is 2 weeks ago:

Neptune have1 . asking $99.
None at 360Coralz. They do have purple for $160. tempted by the purple, but my tank is too small
AC have several.. $80 i think.

I won't be ready until end of next week.

The biota CB ones increased from $100 to $200

It’s nice to see captive bred as the cheaper option now, and once the remaining wc sell it’ll just be captive bred. I just wonder how many they’re able to produce, especially if they weren’t anticipating the ban

Yeah, the Hawaii ban put prices in cray cray territory.

I knew about the increases coming before then from a few friends in the industry...but resisted in amassing my fish stock...pun, intended. Hah

bitcoin is up 279% on the year.

1/26/20 = 3,858 (edit: this number is actually wrong. it is actually the low of the year)
1/26/21 = 32,610

I’m really happy about the fact that Hawaii is finally taking some pause to do some inventory on their fish situation which if you visit Hawaii is getting worse by the year, since they clearly never gave a shit about their coral situation.

Despite the opportunity of a lifetime to heal Hanauma Bay they opened it back up in Nov. while we were going back into our shelter in place in California.

However I’m sure they’ll cave like Indo in a few months. Meanwhile I really hope *Biota* makes some money to support their craft (silver lining).

*edit

Back