Yellow polyped Tonga Acro

Discussion in 'DBTC - SPS' started by Mr. Ugly, Apr 16, 2007.

No Transactions
Please email your web administrator with a link to this thread if you want to add this thread to the DBTC database!!
  1. sulcata1619

sulcata1619 Guest

I would like to get in line for this coral. Thanks

Cal 400
    Alk 8
    Nit 1 ppm
    Temp 78-80
    Salinity 1.026

3 175w w/lumenarcs
    4 54w T5's
  2. northbay-reefer

northbay-reefer Honorary Member

A little update on this coral. It has been in my tank since for a couple of months now, and the color is yellow with purple tips and white/yellow pollups. It has encrusted nicely but is a slow grower. Hopefully in a couple more months I can start fraging this.
  3. kinetic

kinetic Webmaster

Wow didn't see this one pop up. Looks beautiful!
  4. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Here is the coral I got from you, Norman. It has grown enough that I can now make a couple of frags to return to DBTC. But it does not seem to look the same as what you have in your picture.

Note I just link this picture from Eric's site. I hope I'm not voilating any rights :D

And here is a DBTC frag I started. This frag was bought originally from Tongao.
  5. Paradox

Paradox Guest

Very nice...Too bad im not adding anything to my tank for a month.
  6. Ibn

Ibn Supporting Member

No worries, Perry. ;)
  7. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Looks good, Perry :D

Someone save a frag for me. My mini colony stn'd on me a month or so ago.
  8. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

No problem norman. I can cut you frag. Just let me know how you want it delivered.

I reviewed this thread and looks like next order to receive a 2nd gen is as follows:

Sheveley and kenzo let me know if you guys still interested to get a frag of this coral.
  9. Elite

Elite Guest

Forget me man.. I don't have a tank now :-[ ..
  10. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I'll save a frag for you incase you'll come back. :D
  11. sfsuphysics

sfsuphysics Supporting Member

Perry, think you need to make sure those people are still around! :D
  12. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Hehe... yah.

Shiveley is MARS, and he hasn't been around for BAR stuff.

Otterpop510/kenzo is sort of around, but I think he's been busy appeasing the gf with non reef stuff.

Elite... maybe if we make him take a frag, he'll start a nano :D

Who the heck are those 3?? :D

No rush on a frag for me, Perry. As long as there are pieces floating around out there, I'll snag one back at some point :D
  13. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'd love to try a frag if there is still one available?
  14. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

Perry... the one in the pic isn't this one, is it?
  15. chem-e

chem-e Guest

If there's still one available, I'd like to give it a new home.
  16. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

Norman, that might be the one. No wonder there seems to be a big difference between my coral and the one from this DBTC thread.

Sound like I never received the yellow tonga frag from this DBTC thread. I hope a frag of your yellow tonga still exist. I hope Tom (Northbay-reefer) clone of your frag didn't perish due to his tank crash a few months back.
  17. Mr. Ugly

Mr. Ugly Past President

I think I posted somewhere that I gave you the wrong one originally, but later did get the yellow one to you. That happened around the time of BACFM maybe?
  18. xinumaster

xinumaster Guest

I read my post in May from this thread and looks like that the one I received was the blue/green tenius. I did not acknowledge receiving the yellow polyp coral but instead got the wrong one.

Man I would love to have recieved that yellow polyp tonga but I don't think I got it. I know I haven't got it cause I haven't had any DBTC that died on me.

Well anyway I need to move my posts to the correct thread. To this thread
  19. LeviT

LeviT Guest

I'll still take one if there is one available?
  20. just curious if anyone has a frag of this coral.