High Tide Aquatics

DBTC - Electric orange, green, red striped psycho shroom

I'd like to throw my name into the hat for a frag when available once again. This would be our first DBTC attempt :)

following along with the thread's guidelines...here is a link to one of my all time favorites while growing up watching the Silver and Black

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rIAnU5IBZp8

--Dan

But how do things get backed up if people aren't receiving free frags? No harm done by stating your desire to jump into a chain. In fact I think if more people commented on old inactive chains maybe they would be brought back to life.

Agreed
But how committed to the club is the person who is receiving the frag? How qualified is the recipient? I'm all for the program and reviving old threads but I'm against newcomers looking for handouts and freebies! The hobby ain't cheap! If you can't afford it...find another hobby.

Do you know the new member? How do you know they aren't committed? It is up to the person with the frag to decide where it goes. Lets give everybody a chance here.

Kensington Reefer said:
Peace and love
Peace and love
But nothing is free
You gotta pay your dues, if you wanna sing the blues

Agree but let the DBTC contributor/giver/donor decide. Just because you want something doesn't mean you'll get it ;)

Dan,

Please don't take Erin's zealousness (he means well) to keep folks from wanting a freebie frag to disuade you from the DBTC. DBTC contributors usually have requirements in order to participate such as being a member, post counts, contributed to DBTC before, etc.

There will plenty of frags at the upcoming regional swap also. :)

littlereefers said:
I withdraw my interest to participate.

Please don't.

The DBTC program is there to reduce the impact of wild collected corals. It also allows members to have "back ups" of their stock in case something should go wrong. Yes there have been cases in the past where new members used the program to stock their tanks with "free corals" violating the spirit of the program. If that is your intent we will know soon enough. Until then you should be welcomed and mentored as a new member and future contributor of the program.

The welcome you received after throwing your hat into the ring was not appropriate. Please give it another chance.

-Gregory

Hey guys! I was the original donor for this DBTC and am looking to finally restart my tank. Any of this old lineage still around?

Wondering if there is one of these floating around available? While I haven't been in the hobby for a long time my shrooms love me and this would look really nice on the open corner of my big shroom rock.

Back