tuberider said:
anathema said:
Look at me! I eat a lot! I'm a pig!

fragtradefungia.jpg

Wow, it looks real nice.

Yeah! Can I have it? :bigsmile:

tuberider said:
GreshamH said:
The smallet the frag the.more it costs :)

That's why I've been getting such cheap colonies lately :D

You should put those into DBTC, I hear people update their threads a lot and it's really cool to see the progression and growth in different tanks.

Edit: I always forget the smilies, how will people ever figure out I'm being a smartass?

:D :p ;) :)

^To bump this thread...

Update your chains people. DBTC is pointless if you don't update. There were a ton of frags flying around in addition to the ones at the swap, so figure out which is which and update em. Someone took the time to pick/give you a frag...The least you can do is update the chain.

iCon said:
^To bump this thread...

Update your chains people. DBTC is pointless if you don't update. There were a ton of frags flying around in addition to the ones at the swap, so figure out which is which and update em. Someone took the time to pick/give you a frag...The least you can do is update the chain.
+1

GreshamH said:
iCon said:
^To bump this thread...

+1
+2

I thought about writing up this long rant about DBTC but figured I'd just bump this thread and add a little fuel to the fire.

I do personally think ALOT of newer people who use DBTC don't really understand it.

My advice (oh boy I can already see myself writing up a DBTC sticky in the future)

If you truly care about DBTC chain protection/propagation,
  1. Re-list the rules and don't assume random people have read the rules or understand them.
  2. Take a second to think about who you're giving frags to.
    • How many other DBTC's have they taken and how many have they given back? (leachers vs seeders)
    • Are they struggling to keep kenya trees alive? Maybe not the right person.
  3. If you don't care about other people passing on frags or giving you a frag as a back up, WHY DBTC?
    • Just put it in the Pay-It-Forward section aka the Free Stuff section.
Looking ahead, I plan on making DBTC better in the future. Frag swap planning has got me all tied up.

I think neuros dbtc tree app is awesome.

Last edited:
@Enderturtle thanks dude. you're on the money with what you've listed.

For what it's worth about your point #2, I rarely get bites even from members with established tanks. I believe my rules are too high in passing-on or the tank required.

Seems like most do not want to bare any responsibility in passing them on. But that's my guess.

For sure. I do have corals that i'd rather have a back up of instead of just making money. That's why I use DBTC.

In regards to your point about #2,

If you can't find reliable people to grow and uphold your DBTC, you have a number of options:
  • pass it on to a bunch of people, in hopes at least a few of them will be helpful (assuming you have a bunch of frags)
  • hang on to it, and bump your DBTC later.
    • we get new members all the time and not everyone checks the forums all the time
    • sometimes the 20 people that looked at your DBTC arejust not interested. Don't be discouraged because the next group of people to look may be super interested in your dbtc. We all have different taste in corals.
I'd also like to add that we have a wide range of hobbyists in this club from newbies to average reefers to coral fiends. And the percentage of this range changes throughout the year, depending on the momentum of the club's success.

@Enderturtle thanks dude. you're on the money with what you've listed.

For what it's worth about your point #2, I rarely get bites even from members with established tanks. I believe my rules are too high in passing-on or the tank required.

Seems like most do not want to bare any responsibility in passing them on. But that's my guess.

My guess:
I get the feeling more are simply worried about the guilt if you kill really nice corals you get from friends.
A common coral, or one you buy ... well, it happens.
But if someone you know gives you something really nice, and it dies, you know you will feel bad,
even though you know they would understand.

And more rules makes that worse. It shows the person giving the coral really cares, putting
even more pressure on the recipient.

Back