High Tide Aquatics

Scarbird's Dream 250

Love the hippo and the chevron John...but where's the audio commentary? :p
I know, right? When I can snatch the pebble from your hand, it will be time.:D
I'll have more in the future.
For now, check out this peach I picked up yesterday from Robert. I went in for chaeto, but could not resist this guy. Presently in QT.
He did not move a muscle after I put him in, slept all night in the same position.I believe this is a male, as he had his flag up first thing this morning after the lights came on. I intend to feed him some live brine this morning. I fed them selcon yesterday around 3pm to make them healthy eats.
Red Dragon 002.JPG

I picked one up from Neptune earlier in the year but unfortunately I think the other mandarin may have startled him and he jumped. :(

They're definitely pretty!

Was he eating much?
This guy is a pretty timid eater, although my wife feeds live brine the first 2 times daily while in QT.
He has more meat to him than the mandarins did when received from Live Aquaria. They also ate more readily. I imagine they were starving after the flight and all. Coach food sucks these days. If you want first class you need to go with divers den:D.

Yeah, he was eating. He was in my tank and healthy for three weeks before anything really happened. He was always very active and enough time had passed where I was fairly certain he was going to be a permanent fixture in my tank.

I've been pretty successful with mandarins the past year or two. The most recent female mandarin that was added started eating pellets after a few days and I've been three out of four on getting mandarins to eat pellets thus far. :)

@goldielocke76 is jealous of how lucky I am with getting them to eat pellets, haha.

That is very lucky, this guy is eating live brine currently, but I will try some frozen soon. The Two Mandarins in my main display had eaten frozen mysis almost immediately.
Haven't tried the pellets yet.

Soooo my anthias in QT have some marks on a couple of them, nasty blemishes actually. I think they were fine until I did a water change yesterday. I have never seen these type of blemishes, any help appreciated. I purchased some caviar on a recommendation for Jim, but haven't received it yet. They are eating well.

Hello Reefers,
Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173917 [2].jpg

It has been awhile but I started a business in Aug 2014 with two friends and it's been very busy since. Barely time to work on the reef.

Attachments

• Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918 [4].jpg
    Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918 [4].jpg
    108 KB · Views: 257
I recently broke down my 72 gallon bowfront due to persitent algaae issues. My time has been very challenged of late, but my hobby has persisted. It is important for me to make additions that help to reduce my time weekly. I added a 4 channel dosing pump which doses Alk, CA, MG and Kalk. Also added an automatic water change system that changes 7 gallons per day. My salt water mixing tank holds 50 gallons so 1 bag of reef crystgls is added weekly. I recently added a 150 gpd upgrade to my ro system and a booster pump. additionally a carbon block in series with the other one to assist with chloramine removal. Gimmitos Diatom filter recommendation was another recent addition that I am very pleased with.
The auto water change system consists of a two head pump to remove and replenish similar amounts of water. This is controlled by a ball valve to regulate the one that pumps more.
i lost the ruby goby to my dismay but everyone else thrives, including the original two red mandarin gobies.

Attachments

• Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918 [2].jpg
    Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918 [2].jpg
    133.8 KB · Views: 270
  • Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918.jpg
    Evernote Camera Roll 20160124 173918.jpg
    112.6 KB · Views: 288
New Baby today. I gave a friend some tires and rims which he sold on Craigslist and deposited the money to my account. He asked only that I use the funds to buy the biggest baddest fish and name it after him. And, oh yea, it had to be beautiful too. Well....meet Big AL. I have been waiting a long time for a baby to come along, found one and snatched him up. I have a new method for quarantine, in which the new baby resides as of 6 pm today.
Big Al 2.jpg

I've never seen one so black. How come I see some that are very purple and others that are so blue I don't know how they could call it a purple tang. What causes the coloring? Age/maturity, diet, lighting, genetics.....

Mine is dark but not this dark. I have noticed that the yellow pectoral fins get brighter with age and some of the older purples look faded.

Back