Kessil

[Grow-out Contest] Tangerine Dreams Chalice - GROWTH TRACKING

This is where we will track the contestants growths for the Tangerine Dreams Chalice Grow-out Contest from California Reef Co.

Contestants you must upload your pictures here!

The registration thread can be found here.

How Does This Contest Work?

• You must post 1 picture of your frag by the last day of each month (example July 31) or you will be disqualified.
    • You have 1 cheat month where you can miss a picture submission.
  • The 2 people with the most NEW GROWTH POLYPS will win prizes.
    • Even if you start out with 3 polyps, if you still have 3 polyps at the end and everyone has 2 polyps, you lose because your chalice did not gain any new polyps.
  • The BOD reserves the right to change these rules at any time to moderate/balance out the contest.
  • Contest will end DECEMBER 31, 2016

Untitled.png

TWO Prizes
  1. 1st Place =A 50$ Gift Card to any of BAR's Local Fish Store Sponsor (You choose which one).
  2. 2nd Place = A 50$ Gift Card to any of BAR's Local Fish Store Sponsor (You choose which one).

Colony Shot
  • IMG_1194.jpg

TIPS:

• Chalices grow painfully slow for a lot of people.
  • Spot feeding the polyps does help with chalice growth.

Last edited:
Yup post your January pictures. Lots of people already sent me pictures of their frags but this thread is where the pictures need to be :)

How to Post a Picture
Next to the "Post Reply" button there is a "Upload a File" button. Click that button, upload your picture, and click "Full Image" or "Thumbnail".

Last edited:
@Vhuang168 looking good man. Where did you stick yours? I got mine at med light and flow atm and the flesh looks very flat where as yours looks nice and puffy like it should be. Granted guess it would help if I could actually get on the ladder to move mine lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks.

Mine is in low light and low flow, usually where I start chalices. It will get moved to the other side of the tank in low light med flow then ultimately into med light med flow

Here is a better pix.

tangerinechalice-2-jpg.4176

@Flagg37 your chalice is a little upset in that picture, maybe you just put it in the tank. You can see the pointy skeleton poking at the top. Happy chalices are fluffy.

Boney chalices are unhappy and you might want to consider putting it in lower light/lower flow if it hasn't already gotten fluffy.

Last edited:
@Flagg37 your chalice is a little upset in that picture, maybe you just put it in the tank. You can see the pointy skeleton poking at the top. Happy chalices are fluffy.

Boney chalices are unhappy and you might want to consider putting it in lower light/lower flow if it hasn't already gotten fluffy.
Thanks for the tip. That pic is immediately after being dipped but I'll be paying attention to its fluffiness. Right now it is pretty low in the tank, not on the sand but about 4-5" from the bottom. The lighting right now is just that nano hood that you gave me until the replacement comes from the manufacturer. I'll check him when I get home. Maybe he's getting too much flow.

image.jpeg

It's not as fluffy as vhuang's but it's better than the original. I'm waiting to get some $$$ to get something to start target feeding it.

Last edited:
January pic! 2p really close together, awesome looking piece wish I had a camera capable of some quality photos! Low/medium light and medium flow.

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    61.8 KB · Views: 555
Here is my pic. As you can see, I reeeeeeaaaaaally need to attend this saturdays workshop:rolleyes:.

IMG_1630.JPG

IMG_1635.JPG

As for goals for this contest. I am not set on winning. I just don't want to lose due to missing a update:) Also you can see that my peppermint shrimp decided to molt right next to the chalice.

Back