Reef nutrition

Gimmito's 450 gal L-shaped tank

Thanks for he advice Mario. I've heard only good things about the H&S denitrator. Ed Lum uses it on his heavily stocked fish only tank and highly recommended it. That would be a cespitularia forest not a xenia forest. ;)

How blue is the cespitularia?
I have been thinking about getting some.

Love the lots of fish + mostly softy look. Pretty much what I have.

You might want to consider a swallowtail angel also.

How blue is the cespitularia?
I have been thinking about getting some.

Love the lots of fish + mostly softy look. Pretty much what I have.

You might want to consider a swallowtail angel also.

The cespitularia is mostly pinkish/lavender. You are more than welcome to any frags. I'm into colorful and easy to keep corals these days. ;)

I plan on getting some bellus, watanabe, or Japanese swallow tails in the future.

It takes is about a half hour to do water changes, stir up sand bed, add dosing chemicals, etc. I don't use carbon and gfo anymore since I dose lanthum chloride for phosphates and run the sulfur denitrator for nitrates.

Recharging my Kati/Ani resins probably takes the longest (45 minutes), but they need recharging every 4 months.

I'm really into low maintenance if you can't tell. :)

Last edited:
Thanks for the kind words Betsy and Larry. I'm looking forward to your tank build.

Only his mom is allowed to call him Larry. ;)

But seriously, looking at your tank and the videos gave us some energy to keep at this until we get the water into the tank! Lawrence just started wondering where we could put a 450 in our house.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back