Our mission

Sump Question

Here is the sump i bought from another BAR member. I know this setup isn't correct, but the skimmer barely fits in the middle chamber. This is a temp sump until i have the funds to get the bigger one but I want to start the tank. Should I start it with this setup, or wait to get the final equipment?

Attachments

• IMG_3853.jpg
    IMG_3853.jpg
    75.5 KB · Views: 259
Just don't wait too long like @Vhuang168 :D

I'm in no hurry to get the 190 up, though the collecting has gotten a little out of hand. I currently have 4 tanks holding fish/inverts that will be consolidated into 2 tanks.

And this from the guy who doesn't have a tank yet! :p.

Better to take forever and do it right once than to rush into it and have to do it again the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I just pick up this sump for my 40 gal project for $60. It 20g sump, platium series, middle chamber is 8x8".

Attachments

• IMG_4743.JPG
    IMG_4743.JPG
    191.3 KB · Views: 231
I'm in no hurry to get the 190 up, though the collecting has gotten a little out of hand. I currently have 4 tanks holding fish/inverts that will be consolidated into 2 tanks.

And this from the guy who doesn't have a tank yet! :p.

Better to take forever and do it right once than to rush into it and have to do it again the right way.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

My tank transfer rockwork experience is testament to this. I am grappling deciding between in-tank repairs, pulling out rock and re-doing, and starting all over with all new rockwork. :mad:

Back