Reef nutrition

DBTC: Rose Bubble Tip Anenome RBTA

image.jpg
I originally purchased my RBTA in 2000 and I have had the RBTA split numerous times from then till now and after joining BAR I will like to spread it around within our club. These anemones are VERY resilient and have been through a lot including several moves. They have been exclusively raised under Metal Halide w/ VHO. But as of couple months ago, I have switched their lighting to LED. (to save on electricity) (plus, I was curious how they would do/look) A little of their color was lost when i changed lights, but is coming back. Their tips have not bubbled up in years. They may or may not bubble in your tank. The other day I noticed a recent split that was wandering around the glass. So i grabbed him and put it in a container. Little "Rosey" is ready for a new home.

Quote from Jonmos DBTC;
(but, sounded so much like my situation, I just cut and pasted it)

Note:

I have at the moment 15, plus or minus a few in the tank and I am only willing to give them out when they are on the glass and are easy to remove to share in the DBTC. So feel free to ask if there are any available or if you are interested and I will put you on a waiting list as soon as one attaches to the glass.

Here Are My Rules:

1) Must be a BAR (Supporting) Member
2) Must have an Established Tank and able to take care of these Anemones
3) First 2 splits MUST go back into DBTC before you sell any.
4) If my tank was to crash :(, I leave & come back into the Hobby (not likely) or if I lose my original Anemone I have shared with the club ….. My name goes to the front of the list on the next available anemone in the DBTC.

The RBTA Stats:

Care Level: Easy
Lighting Requirements: Moderate to high (PAR 220-350)
Water Flow: Moderate
Aggressiveness: Aggressive
Range: Fiji, Tonga,Indo-Pacific
Family: Actiniidae
Water Conditions: 75-80° F; sg 1.024-1.026 (1.025 is ideal); pH 8.1-8.4Ca 420-440 ppm, Alk 8-9.5 dKH, Mg 1260-1350, Nitrates <10ppm, Phosphates, < .10ppm

Hey both you guys, I do
They are currently attached, but Im sure we can get them off. I'll pm you guys with my contact info, & we'll try and arrange something.

image.jpg
bumping this thread, I just had one of my RBTA split 3 ways! I was able to get 2 of them before securely attached to liverock. Anybody interested? Both are about 3-4inches from what I can tell. Pick up in San Leandro. If no one speaks up, I'm tossing them back into "general population" which means they will be hard to get in the future.
image.jpg

What's up Phuong, Thanks for hosting the fragging exercise. Yeah, my anenome tank is just that, ALL nems. about 20 of them, wall to wall. So if these guys get tossed in, they probably will not be seen or heard from again. lol:eek:

no problem. Glad you like it. It's looking good in that spot. It was nice meeting you today. Hopefully, you were able to hit up a few stores while you were down in the area.

Back