Cali Kid Corals

Biocube 29, The Resurrection

Plus, based upon where it was manufactured, it could contain some lead (it's not supposed to, but then toy paint is not supposed to contain lead either :confused:)

Can I ask where/how you installed your Tunze ATO sensor and the water topoff tube? I was just fighting with that for too long in my same tank. I ended up with both going thru the lid cutout into the return section. So when I lift the lid for any reason the ATO water tube is lifted vertically. Vexing.

You know, I just remembered your tank is topless. Oops - our situations are not the same. I had intended that and had gotten a light, but then this tank came with the top so I thought I'd give it a try. Now I think I need to leave it on because even with the water filled 3/4 full it is way too loud of a cascade for a classroom. Nice and quiet with lid on, though.

Another lesson learned. Was watching TV the other night, I heard the overflow alarm from my Osmolator. Sprung up from the couch to make sure the ATO didn't get stuck on. Luckily, the water level was right at the float switch alarm max. After looking through the apex logs, it looks like the problem was the Apex rebooted randomly several times throughout the day. My Osmo is programmed to power off and defer power on after a "power outage". Each time the Osmo powers on, and because of my odd setup, the RO/DI PMUP powers up (I assume Osmo power on self test) for 17 seconds. 4 random reboots = 1 minute and 8 seconds of unneeded top-off water in my little BC29.
Now, I can get upset at the Apex for resetting/rebooting itself for no good reason or Tunze for ignoring their primary optical sensor for 17sec during power on or myself for not testing every possible failure scenario. Instead, I just added a "Defer 000:18 Then On" statement to my PMUP top-off pump outlet and posted here so that others can hopefully learn from my bone headed misadventures. :)

Another lesson learned. Was watching TV the other night, I heard the overflow alarm from my Osmolator. Sprung up from the couch to make sure the ATO didn't get stuck on. Luckily, the water level was right at the float switch alarm max. After looking through the apex logs, it looks like the problem was the Apex rebooted randomly several times throughout the day. My Osmo is programmed to power off and defer power on after a "power outage". Each time the Osmo powers on, and because of my odd setup, the RO/DI PMUP powers up (I assume Osmo power on self test) for 17 seconds. 4 random reboots = 1 minute and 8 seconds of unneeded top-off water in my little BC29.
Now, I can get upset at the Apex for resetting/rebooting itself for no good reason or Tunze for ignoring their primary optical sensor for 17sec during power on or myself for not testing every possible failure scenario. Instead, I just added a "Defer 000:18 Then On" statement to my PMUP top-off pump outlet and posted here so that others can hopefully learn from my bone headed misadventures. :)

You can adjust the pentiometer to adjust "dosing power" so less water is pumped into your tank.

1192753bcecb335c7536f7afb68fff83.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Is that the only device affected by the apex rebooting? Usually heaters are set to off, etc, so it doesn't cook your tank when fusion loses comms. Resetting itself multiple times a day randomly would piss me off (in fact, it did, and I went through the effort to hardwire it). But sounds like your Apex resets and fusion is able reconnect as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I use and semi-trust a neothem heater. The outlet is always on and the internal controler keeps the heat within 0.1 degrees. When the apex resets, my heater is not effected.
As for the resets, I see 2 types of failure states. The first is the full reset/reboot. There is no apparent reason or warning. The second is Wi-Fi death. Is this state, everything still functions normally, but I loose connection to my network and of course fusion. In this state, I have to reboot the apex to get it back.

Extra warning:
One of my outputs on the Apex (classic) will go on during power on reboot regardless of the programming.
Even if I simply have Fallback OFF, Set OFF
But it does not do that during software reboot.
So test whatever you come up with very carefully.

My suggestion:
Second optical sensor, slightly above the first.
Put that on a relay that controls the pump directly. Normally Closed.
So normally Apex handles it well, but if water gets a bit higher, the second relay will shut off.

In my case, the Osmo did the right thing. Once the backup/fail safe float valve was triggered, no more voltage was applied to the 12v relay that triggers my PMUP via the breakout box. This may have not been the case if there were additional reboots, but luckily I was home and heard the Osmo overflow alarm. For now, I've fixed it with program modification.

Oh, and before I forget... new (to me) toy. A friend of mine gave me a great deal on his extra Amcrest PTZ IP camera. It lived on a tripod for a few days until I picked up this suction cup mount today.
32696782202_c1125b26c9_z.jpg

Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take to fall off? :)
32850373265_94cf3ef134_z.jpg

I have the same camera. You just reminded me that I have a similar mount from a while back for a car mount. Need to find it. My camera is just sitting on a table from a distance.

I don't think the mount is ever going to fall off lol. Those things suck! Literally!

Just curious, when you pan around, do you get much distortion since camera is so close to camera?

I have the same camera. You just reminded me that I have a similar mount from a while back for a car mount. Need to find it. My camera is just sitting on a table from a distance.

I don't think the mount is ever going to fall off lol. Those things suck! Literally!

Just curious, when you pan around, do you get much distortion since camera is so close to camera?
I don't think the camera could possibly be closer to the camera. :)

I think my tank is too small to notice any distortion. When I had a PT cam on my 90 gallon, there was definitely distortion the further from center you panned. I think that is unavoidable since it's light passing through flat glass.

> Anyone want to take bets on how long it will take to fall off? :)

Camera will fall off when you wipe it with a towel because you just splashed salt water on it.
:p

Back