Kessil

[Grow-out Contest]: Pink Zipper Zoa

I got some of these awesome super hardy zoa from @Flagg37 so I thought why not make a grow out contest.

Details:
* No entry fee, no prize but bragging right.
* You can frag off a single polyp if you already have pink zipper, if you have extra you can donate a few polyps
* Duration: April -> Dec. We will do monthly tracking similar to previous contest

Rules
  • You must post 1 picture of your frag by the last day of each month (example July 31) or you will be disqualified.
    • You have 1 cheat month where you can miss a picture submission.
  • The frag with most NEW GROWTH POLYPS win
  • Contest will end DECEMBER 31, 2017

If you are interested, please reply with:
Do you have a pink zipper you can frag a polyp out for the contest?
Do you have extra you can donate / location?

I'll have about 5-6 extra, pick up in Fremont or Redwood Shore

Tracking:
https://goo.gl/OaTgtU

Side story on pink zipper. One of my polyps was detached from the plug (I didn't glue it well enough) and floated around the tank for a few days. My rock flower anemone tried to eat it. My duncan tried to eat it. My hermit crab tried to eat it. It floated in and out of crevices and eventually settled under a rock. I fished it out with a turkey baster and glued it back on a plug, opened up next day. That's the polyp I'm growing out. I'll call it the Honey Badger Pink Zipper.

metallic-pink-zippers-jpg.113200

Last edited:
I'll bite. I need a frag. Will PM you for a frag.

You beat me to the punch. I was thinking of going to go buy a rock of zoas from AC and frag it out to start an unofficial grow out contest for fun.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Back