Neptune Aquatics

Back from the dead...

Mr. Ugly

Past President
Both my tank and me.

Been away for a few years dealing with elder care. During that time, the tank went completely to hell due to lack of time and motivation.

I finally tore it all down towards the end of last year and started back up a smaller super low tech tank. No sump, no skimmer, no dosers or reactors; just a heater, a vortech, and water changes.

Posting to say hi and also to share a video of the mutant hybrid turbo conch that lurks in my tank.

He/she/it shares the tank with a non-mutant turbo snail, 3 tube anemones, a tiger tail cucumber, and a tiger conch.

Thanks for the welcomes, everyone.

Hope you all are doing well.

Robin, still clowning these days?

Boun, I may take you up on that. Staying with mostly softies. Have a couple brown leather frags and random zoas doing ok.

I used to have a lavender candy cane that I fragged out for swaps. If anyone knows of it still being around, that would be great. That was my first ever lps, and I wouldn't mind growing it again.

Snail's name... nothing so far. How about Kaiju? Need to remix that video with Godzilla sound effects.

NORM!!!!!!!!!!!

No chance of Mr. Ugly's Red Prostrada still floating around in that tank? Been quite a big request for "old school" corals recently.

Sorry on the prostrata, guys.

I'm starting from zero. I lost everything in the tank. At the very end it was a murky algae farm. I only kept the water circulating so I wouldn't have to deal with the stench of anaerobic decay.

Maybe some floating around with the Northbay guys or the folks that were in MARS? I used to frag a bunch for their get togethers.

No worries Norm, I'm not exactly one to get upset that I haven't gotten the corals back I had pre-crash of... crap I don't remember how long ago that was. But regardless I'm not yet in a comfortable spot with growing out SPS again, so no hurry on my part :D

iPhone pics of the current tank, 58 gallon ADA 120P.

0F8EA731-2877-4774-A6EE-47D4AA2A068A.jpeg

0502422B-DE74-4241-AB84-07937DF37FF2.jpeg

46667104-F968-4AFC-8934-83D8A7025622.jpeg

E1D7EDBC-67E2-45D5-8556-FFC29AD5E402.jpeg

Back