Jestersix

Will's 300g Re-Do

Since the tank sits at 42", I had to setup a scaffold between 2 ladders. This made it a lot easier to scape compared to when I first set the system many years ago. Unfortunately, I forgot to take pics while I was scaping, but I should point out that even with all the pre-work I did on aquascaping, some of it didn’t stay together and I forgot how some of it went together. So, It doesn’t look quite like what I had anticipated. I had tried to follow the rule of thirds, the golden rectangle, etc., when designing the scape,. But, now that it is altogether in the DT, I see that I broke a lot of these rules. Ah well….as the corals grow in, it probably won’t matter.
da23fdc058191f801f40e4fe1b145057.jpg

Here is a FTS. I did lose a couple of colonies during this process....my CITR Red Dragon and a big red Monti Digi. I think when I moved them to my temporary holding tank for a couple of weeks, my lighting was not dialed in, which then also impacted my Alk. So, they both RTNd.

ae26ac1b126c07928f7b81e6615647c4.jpg

There is still a lot of stuff to do behind the scenes, such as final wiring, plumbing, etc. tough to do when there is an active reef that I have to make sure doesn't get too disturbed.

I HAD a pair of orange spotted gobies in quarantine and was just a few days away from adding to my big display when I found one on the floor. Bummer. I forgot to put the lid on the night before after feeding them. Now I just have the one. Not nearly as interesting as having a pair. Not sure how easy it is to get one to pair up?
c1ff27ececee66c79feaf48855d2384e.jpg

I know. It was the one that was eating more and not as shy. It was heartbreaking cuz I really like the idea of having fish pairs.

This is a summary of the changes I made.

BEFORE AFTER
1. Tank:
Before: TruVue Acrylic
After: *CDA Starfire

2. Overflows:
Before: Dual Internal w/ 1" Durso
After: *Dual 20" GhostSynergy w/ BeanAnimal

3. Returns:
Before: Two 3/4"
After: *Four 3/4"

4. Return Pump:
Before: Reeflo Dart
After: *Vectra L1 and DC Current 1500

5. Flow:
Before: 2 MP 40s, two MJ1200
After: *Three MP40s, Two Gyre XF150s

6. Lighting:
Before: 3 250w MH + 2 T5
After: *6 Kessil 360we + 2 T5

7. Alk control:
Before: Manual dosing
After: *Neptune DOS & 2 Part

8. PO4 control:
Before: GFO, macroalgae
After: *GFO, macroalgae

9. NO3 control:
Beofre: DSB
After: *MarinePure Ceramic blocks, BioPellet Reactor

10. Aquascaping:
Before: Foam wall and stacked LR
After: *Glued and doweled LR. More open space

11. Skimmer:
Before: Internal ASM 250
After: *Recirculating Reeflo 250EXT

Last edited:
35a6b319ffd3c107406dbda5016d6849.jpg

5e1ca3a24a916818ef8aedcb10f41d81.jpg

I have a Lineatus Wrasse (C. lineatus), Blue Sided Wrasse (C. cyanopleura), and a Timor Wrasse (H. timorensis) in QT. They will join the other wrasses already in my DT in 8 days.

Flame Wrasse (C. jordani) pair
Clown head Fairy Wrasse (C. solorensis)
Exquisite Fairy Wrasse (C. exquisitus)

I successfully added the three wrasses to my DT which I am happy about. However, I just had a labouti Wrasse carpet surf that was in observation together with a rhomboid Wrasse (along with a couple of butterfly and Toby puffers). That was the second one that jumped out despite the tank being covered.

Anyway, the rhomboid's fins are a bit tattered. Anyone know if these will heal and grow back? My guess is that it depends how bad the damage is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I successfully added the three wrasses to my DT which I am happy about. However, I just had a labouti Wrasse carpet surf that was in observation together with a rhomboid Wrasse (along with a couple of butterfly and Toby puffers). That was the second one that jumped out despite the tank being covered.

Anyway, the rhomboid's fins are a bit tattered. Anyone know if these will heal and grow back? My guess is that it depends how bad the damage is?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Find will grow back. Mind sometimes get fin tattered from fighting with other wrasses.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Find will grow back. Mind sometimes get fin tattered from fighting with other wrasses.

Thanks. At first I thought it was the two wrasses fighting which they probably were. But, I have now noticed that the butterfly fish have some damaged fins as well. So not sure now. I was away for three days so I didn't get to observe them. At any rate, I'm now pulling the rhomboid and will QT with TTM, then put him into the DT.

I had a Rhomboid in my observation tank and it looks like he got a bit beat up by some of the others judging from his fins. Anyway, I pulled him out to put him in my QT and TTM. Doing well and eating everything. 3 more days and he'll go into my DT.

40309920a6e904769987270a788a2484.jpg

7173c4a379cf52a3c994a933c5361b12.jpg

f1c03235cf66d7d1056a3cdc1fbb62b3.jpg

Lineatus supermale, Rhombroids supermale, Rhombroids submale, Katoi male, flame supermale, bruuneus male. I lost my magma and pintail as wells as my erlie.

Back