Reef nutrition

Goal: zero waste-water -- saltwater friendly garden?

We should loop in that new guy that lives in Oregon and is moving down here to run his parents plant nursery. I forget his screen name. He sells corals too. I wonder if he'd have any ideas or suggestions.

We should loop in that new guy that lives in Oregon and is moving down here to run his parents plant nursery. I forget his screen name. He sells corals too. I wonder if he'd have any ideas or suggestions.

Paratore? I have yet to master tagging on the app.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Disclaimer. I haven't done it yet, but I have everything to do it. Maybe wait a bit before taking my advice :). Or if anyone else who is doing it currently can chime in.

How is it going with continuous water change setup? I'm debating if L gets an Apex for Father's Day!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

How is it going with continuous water change setup? I'm debating if L gets an Apex for Father's Day!

It's going great. In fact, already bought two check valves and a T, to use one head for water changes (like @Flagg37) and free the other one up. Lots of reasons an apex would be a great upgrade. Sounds like a gift to both of you!

We need a diagram! Betsy is very curious.

When I first read this I read diaphragm. Woah, tmi.

This is the best I can do for you.
IMG_4438.JPG

The white tube is connected to the DOS and then continues on to the sump. The black tube that runs away from my hand goes to the drain and the one that runs towards my hand goes to my nsw reservoir. There is a check valve on both sides of the T fitting facing opposite directions so that as the flow in the white tube goes in one direction it's directed one way and then when the flow switches its directed the other way.

The white tube is connected to the DOS and then continues on to the sump. The black tube that runs away from my hand goes to the drain and the one that runs towards my hand goes to my nsw reservoir. There is a check valve on both sides of the T fitting facing opposite directions so that as the flow in the white tube goes in one direction it's directed one way and then when the flow switches its directed the other way.

I had to draw it, and then it made perfect sense. I think I even got L to follow!
10efda0e92da21fe9aeabdabbf4a6b83.jpg

Well, tomorrow we are off to get the Apex with Dos... Father's Day! I can't find the wall panel piece @Flagg37 showed to out the tubes through the wall. I hunted...

Back