Reef nutrition

Chaeto getting some dark green-kinda slimy spots

Our chaeto is growing like a weed, we are harvesting about a cantelope sized ball every 4 days. I am noticing that we are getting patches that are a little darker and a bit slimy. It is almost like algae is growing in the chaeto. Also there are a lot of bubbles on top of the chaeto. Should I be concerned?

That's pretty common in my experience, it's another algae growing too. More nutrient export!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk Pro

Nothing to worry about. It's probably some gha. It feels more slimy compared to the chaeto. I would assume the bubbles are trapped o2 from gas exchange from photosynthesis. You can stir your chaeto every couple days and it should take care of both these issues. It will also disturb the pods growing in it and send them up to the dt.

Nothing to worry about. It's probably some gha. It feels more slimy compared to the chaeto. I would assume the bubbles are trapped o2 from gas exchange from photosynthesis. You can stir your chaeto every couple days and it should take care of both these issues. It will also disturb the pods growing in it and send them up to the dt.
You're just a textbook chaeto disturber arent you?

Back