Looks like Christmas came early yet again for our reef. Todays additions:
Red Dragon Acro
2 PokerStar Montis
CalReef wild Acro
CalReef Tenuous
2 CalReef Deep Water Acros
SWEET!!!!
Thanks Santa!

Feel kinda like a kid at Christmas, got the new light fixture hanging. Will have to wait and see what a difference 6 x 39watt t5s have. The color is a little bit different I will have to just wait and see and do a little more research. The blues look a little more green and the coral colors don't pop with just the blues on now. It's a little cloudy from the mornings feeding View attachment 8082
add some reefbrites to those t5s and you'll get the pop!

Yes they are... I wonder if Ashburn's red dragon is doing all right?

RTNed, the red dragon is the tipping point where I stopped wanting to do sps until I have super stable environment and no longer swapping out my tanks, I still have some SPS in my tanks but not going to add new ones. but maybe Mark has better luck with the live food feed. best wishes @Mark B!

Thanks! Here is a pic. on day 1.
image.jpeg

RTNed, the red dragon is the tipping point where I stopped wanting to do sps until I have super stable environment and no longer swapping out my tanks, I still have some SPS in my tanks but not going to add new ones. but maybe Mark has better luck with the live food feed. best wishes @Mark B!

Red Dragons should not be your barometer on whether or not you can keep acros. They are notoriously fickle to very subtle changes in light, flow, and alk; more so than any acro I have ever kept. I have been through three of them and have given up on them.

Red Dragons should not be your barometer on whether or not you can keep acros. They are notoriously fickle to very subtle changes in light, flow, and alk; more so than any acro I have ever kept. I have been through three of them and have given up on them.

True, but i also have other acros that got RTNed as well, so I'm just going to wait it out and come back again. I'm upgrading my frag tank as well so likely it's a bad idea to keep sensitive SPS at this point.

Looks more like a pink dragon

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Perhaps it's a girl? But seriously, as I understand, before I got it, it was infested with flatworms, then it went through a dip, and the tank prior to me had an Alk of 11. I think it is very unhappy at the moment It will take a miracle to get this one to pull through I think

It's fine. It'll pull through. Yes looks like a little burnt tips from the high alkalinity but it survived the acclimation and in your tank, might as well be in the ocean! ;)

I actually had a red dragon for over a year that was doing great then STN'd while all other corals in the tank were fine. touchy species.

Back