Jestersix

Ph swing ranges

L/B Block

Supporting Member
Curious to what people have in respects to their daily high/lows and what is considered a “good swing” range?
If late 8.05/8.15.
Tempted to throw some BRS CO2 absorbent media with a Neptune solient valve to lock the PH at 8.25 (or 8.3) and keep it consistent .
Not sure if worth the price of the media and the set up time. Would keeping the PH at a consistent value ph pay off dividends in respects to coral growth (and perhaps some algae reduction)
Curious to hear from others on their ph values and the concept above.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Check out this short R2R thread, in particular the detailed response from Randy Holmes-Farley with links to his extremely helpful articles:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/typical-ph-swing.179762/

My range is 8.13-8.25 or so, and I’m not aware of any proven benefits from having it more stable.

My frag tank swung between 7.8 (sometimes lower) and 8.5 and never hurt a thing that I could tell. I actually have the PH probe out of that ank now and have for a while. I jusat really don't care.

I'm around 8.0 to 8.2. I only started tracking pH about a year ago for the heck of it since I had a port there on the apex. Never needed it the six years before that on the same system. However, now it's a safeguard for the newly added calcium reactor if it were to fail.

Check out this short R2R thread, in particular the detailed response from Randy Holmes-Farley with links to his extremely helpful articles:

https://www.reef2reef.com/threads/typical-ph-swing.179762/

My range is 8.13-8.25 or so, and I’m not aware of any proven benefits from having it more stable.
Article definitely informative. Thanks. His point was keeping it at 7.9 was potentially more damaging than keeping it at a range that crossed 8. However if PH was kept at constant level was kept at...8.25 or so with some CO2 absorption media and a solenoid valve to cap it would that be different?
Might have to jump over to r2r to ask him!

LB

Article definitely informative. Thanks. His point was keeping it at 7.9 was potentially more damaging than keeping it at a range that crossed 8. However if PH was kept at constant level was kept at...8.25 or so with some CO2 absorption media and a solenoid valve to cap it would that be different?
Might have to jump over to r2r to ask him!

LB

What I gathered from my research is that as long as you keep PH in a good range and it doesn't swing huge - forget about it

Back