High Tide Aquatics

KESSIL a360w WITH A 40G IM TANK

Schmitty

Supporting Member
Hey guys, just curious if any of you would be willing to share your settings youve been successful with on your Kessil 360aW Led lights. Currently I have mine on for 10 hours but ramp up and down an hour each way so really on for 8 hours at 60%intensity and 30%Actinic. I have had some success but I have a feeling I could see my stuff thrive more if I dialed em in. Any suggestions or experience would be much appreciated.

Had a lot of success with kessils. A lot of it depends on what you are trying to grow, how deep your tank is and how high the light is from the water line.

I used mostly the A350 and A360 Narrow lights on a 26” deep tank. I ran them at 100% intensity at either 9”, or 11” off the water line. Things grew and colored up nicely. LPS and softies don’t need that kind of intensity, and I think the lights longevity would probably be better running it around 80-90” intensity, however they lasted for over 4 years at 100% and haven’t crapped out yet. ;)

I did run two wide A360’s in the back area of the tank and had success with SPS, however they were not very deep. Only 8-10” under water. They were also run at 100%. LPS did well on the bottom as did softies under the wides. LPS also did ok under the Narrow lights on the bottom, but tended to do better on the edges of the light, and not directly under it.

I think you would be fine to bump it up to 80% intensity and see how it goes. If anything I would go up, not down. Never seen a coral actually “burn” from my lights. However they do show stress if you take them out of tank with less light, and throw it directly under an intense LED. I always dropped corals on the bottom for a day or two, and then moved them up until they were where I wanted them.

Hope that helps. If you don’t have a tank journal, you should start one. Best part about this hobby is sharing with others that know how much work / effort it can take, and appreciate even the smallest of success’.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Never mind, I’ve seen your tank on here. It looks really nice........the Duncan’s? Right?

Never mind, I’ve seen your tank on here. It looks really nice........the Duncan’s? Right?

Yes, but its confusing now that Ive gotten into SPS and Acros a bit, Im trying to get the lights bright enough for them but not too bright for the zoas and softies that are already in there. My bam bams arent really opening well and Im wondering if they aren't getting enough light or they're getting too much. Everything else except the new SLIMER looks pretty good. Im gonna move the slimer to area where it can get more flow and light and see how that works

Yes, but its confusing now that Ive gotten into SPS and Acros a bit, Im trying to get the lights bright enough for them but not too bright for the zoas and softies that are already in there. My bam bams arent really opening well and Im wondering if they aren't getting enough light or they're getting too much. Everything else except the new SLIMER looks pretty good. Im gonna move the slimer to area where it can get more flow and light and see how that works

Good plan. I don’t. believe you can over light a slimer.

another thing to keep in mind, is that idea that softies and zoas are "low light corals" is very much a myth, they have a large range to which they can tolerate including the high end of the spectrum. Just as Mike said though, don't crank the intensity on them up too quickly.

Mine currently are ramped up for an hour to 60% then on for 7 hours at 60% ramped down for an hour to 30% and then another hour to off. The actinic I ramp up and down to 30%.

Back