Reef nutrition

Updated Coral Market Booth Thread.

Bruce Spiegelman

Sponsorship, Public Relations
BOD
Now that the site's up and running again we can update where things stand and what still needs to be done.
_____________________________________________________________________________________

Volunteers:

Set-up - Apon + two others he has corralled for Friday night set-up.

Booth Manpower-
11-12 Ranjib Dey
12-1 Flagg 37
1-2 Wlachnit
2-3 Bruce Spiegelman
3-4 Hermit
4-5 (+ breakdown) Apon

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Flyers - Will be created by Jepoy once we have all the vendor donations figured out. @Corallus is working on this.

@jepoy Can you also create the artwork for a new Vinyl Banner?

Donations for raffle so far:

1) Kimmie's Most Excellent Clowns - Kimmie -- can you get us some information for a small flyer for yourself or business cards so we can hawk your wares? Perhaps if we just get some artwork to @jepoy he could throw together a 3X5 (or so) handout with your contact info and art.

2) Trying to convince Mike (@Coral reefer ) to let us raffle off a Mike's Reef service deep cleaning session of a winners tank.

Still waiting on more.

____________________________________________________________________________________

We are planning on a membership drive that will offer an entry for an "Awesome Pack" for anyone who signs up for a BAR membership. We will push memberships right at the booth and have a laptop set-up for said sign-up. In addition, we will have a other "pool" of frags available that anyone who signs up gets one choice for free.

So here's what we need -- a dozen high-end frags for the awesome pack. I'm putting up an Oregon Tort frag, Red Robin, Cali Tort, Aussie Highlighter and WWC Yellowtip for the "Awesome Pack." I need donations of probably seven more nice named or desirable pieces-- sps or LPS/clams, etc.

Then we also need donations of the "one per signup frags." No clue how many of these we might need. This could work or it could be a spectacular failure and we don't need any. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Selling from the booth:
-Shirts
-Glue
Anything else we can think of. Perhaps coral dip? Bags of frag plugs? Mike's "other" services? Wrack your brains and let's get some ideas.

Now that the site's up and running again we can update where things stand and what still needs to be done.

Volunteers:

Set-up - Apon + two others he has corralled for Friday night set-up.

Booth Manpower-
11-12 Ranjib Dey
12-1 Flagg 37
1-2 Wlachnit
2-3 Bruce Spiegelman
3-4 Hermit
4-5 (+ breakdown) Apon

Flyers - Will be created by Jepoy once we have all the vendor donations figured out. @Corallus is working on this.

@jepoy Can you also create the artwork for a new Vinyl Banner?

Donations for raffle so far:

1) Kimmie's Most Excellent Clowns - Kimmie -- can you get us some information for a small flyer for yourself or business cards so we can hawk your wares? Perhaps if we just get some artwork to @jepoy he could throw together a 3X5 (or so) handout with your contact info and art.

2) Trying to convince Mike (@Coral reefer ) to let us raffle off a Mike's Reef service deep cleaning session of a winners tank.

Still waiting on more.

____________________________________________________________________________________

We are planning on a membership drive that will offer an entry for an "Awesome Pack" for anyone who signs up for a BAR membership. We will push memberships right at the booth and have a laptop set-up for said sign-up. In addition, we will have a other "pool" of frags available that anyone who signs up gets one choice for free.

So here's what we need -- a dozen high-end frags for the awesome pack. I'm putting up an Oregon Tort frag, Red Robin, Cali Tort, Aussie Highlighter and WWC Yellowtip for the "Awesome Pack." I need donations of probably seven more nice named or desirable pieces-- sps or LPS/clams, etc.

Then we also need donations of the "one per signup frags." No clue how many of these we might need. This could work or it could be a spectacular failure and we don't need any. :)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Selling from the booth:
-Shirts
-Glue
Anything else we can think of. Perhaps coral dip? Bags of frag plugs? Mike's "other" services? Wrack your brains and let's get some ideas.

Do you mean the same artwork that I just submitted for the coral market? If so yep, just let me know how big the vinyl banner is. Also yes to Kimmy’s flyer, I just need artwork and info!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Do you mean the same artwork that I just submitted for the coral market? If so yep, just let me know how big the vinyl banner is. Also yes to Kimmy’s flyer, I just need artwork and info!

I just reread your post, you mean a vinyl artwork for BAR club in general? If so, do you want it to be just the logo or make it a little more colorful?

We should not give acros to reefers who dont have mature tanks, I think.
Most of the people I talked to at the event were there buying coral for their mature tanks. I think this event naturally draws that crowd. I do agree though that if the high end frag pack went to someone who just cycled their tank and they all were lost, it would be a shame.

Most of the people I talked to at the event were there buying coral for their mature tanks. I think this event naturally draws that crowd. I do agree though that if the high end frag pack went to someone who just cycled their tank and they all were lost, it would be a shame.
Yup. And there’s no way to ensure that if we just say new signups will receive this.
Acropora packs are expensive, we should give something that is proportional to the signup price. Otherwise it’s not sustainable. Think about it, One would just sign up to get the pack, irrespective of they are interested in bar or not , with such proposition.

Yup. And there’s no way to ensure that if we just say new signups will receive this.
Acropora packs are expensive, we should give something that is proportional to the signup price. Otherwise it’s not sustainable. Think about it, One would just sign up to get the pack, irrespective of they are interested in bar or not , with such proposition.

We're not trying to match up value for value. We are raffling off one big prize out of the pool of people who sign up and pay for membership at the event. How is this controversial? Groups raffle off anything from cars, trip and even houses all the time in order to drum up interest and memberships. No one asks if the person that wins is capable of upkeeping said house.

We're not trying to match up value for value. We are raffling off one big prize out of the pool of people who sign up and pay for membership at the event. How is this controversial? Groups raffle off anything from cars, trip and even houses all the time in order to drum up interest and memberships. No one asks if the person that wins is capable of upkeeping said house.
It’s not controversial, it just feels like bit impulsive. And I have never heard of house and cars in reef club raffles.

If we would prefer simply doing what's always been done and selling a little glue and couple shirts it's no skin off my back. It would mean my job is done as we have all the volunteers needed. It would also make set-up for Apon much easier. Let us know.

If we would prefer simply doing what's always been done and selling a little glue and couple shirts it's no skin off my back. It would mean my job is done as we have all the volunteers needed. It would also make set-up for Apon much easier. Let us know.
None of us (me and you) are old enough in this forum to know what the pas was.
It's not about doing what we have always done. This acro frag pack can be a bad idea cause we don't know if we can continue such (since I dont see many other have chimed in for acros,), its better to have an understanding of what we can collectively support and then take in turn or together chime in, that way its just more sustainable.

upload_2018-1-20_12-0-36.png

Last edited:
I like the idea of a Frag pack that gets auctioned off but I don’t know if it has to be something big. 3-4 would be enough to get me to sign up (and when we say sign up we’re all talking about being a supporting member. Not just signing up for a guest account right?).

Logistics questions: 1, when would the raffle be held? People should have adequate time to be able to find the booth. Which leads me to my second question. 2, do they need to be present to win? Someone who arrives at opening probably doesn’t want to stick around till 4:00 or later to find out if they won. 3, is there a way to ensure that we won’t be using the same color tickets as the CFM?

Just verify with event coordinators about what you can raffle off, I recall the one I went to there were restrictions. Now I'm not sure if the restrictions was the selling of frags or raffling of them, but there was some conflict of interest with free booth vs those who paid to sell the same things. I might be completely off basis here, but something to double check with first.

Just verify with event coordinators about what you can raffle off, I recall the one I went to there were restrictions. Now I'm not sure if the restrictions was the selling of frags or raffling of them, but there was some conflict of interest with free booth vs those who paid to sell the same things. I might be completely off basis here, but something to double check with first.

We did. We're good.

I like the idea of a Frag pack that gets auctioned off but I don’t know if it has to be something big. 3-4 would be enough to get me to sign up (and when we say sign up we’re all talking about being a supporting member. Not just signing up for a guest account right?).

Logistics questions: 1, when would the raffle be held? People should have adequate time to be able to find the booth. Which leads me to my second question. 2, do they need to be present to win? Someone who arrives at opening probably doesn’t want to stick around till 4:00 or later to find out if they won. 3, is there a way to ensure that we won’t be using the same color tickets as the CFM?

Yes. Signed up and paid for a membership. It probably has to be bigger than three of four as we need to motivate them to take the time right then. Maybe not a dozen, but a hefty enough pack. Raffle would run all day. We will use our own tickets that allow them to give us contact info on our "saved" half so we can contact the winner for pickup. We need a good central location for pickup that most people can get to if they've won. Maybe like the place where we held the Rich Ross talk. :)

Back