Neptune Aquatics

All for reef alternative

Do you have a solution for the tubes curling?

I use the same thing, issue I always have is the airline tubes curl a bit and I always end up dripping solution against the back of the tank and it makes a giant mess of precipitation.

Was thinking when I eventually get the pump going again I need to connect some ridgid tubing to the airline.
If you boil the lines, then pull straight, they won't curl. I use silicone tubing which naturally hangs pretty straight down. I dose into the chamber which overflows from a refugium into my main return, so the flow is pretty high. I also have a powerhead in my main pump chamber to mix up everything, and give my coral I am storing down there some more flow.

Not to hijack this thread. I just started to research the All for Reef. Inventory is tight but the bulk ingredients is still available from BRS. Carbo-Calcium, Bio-Mag , and Trace elements.

my tank seems to be consuming Alk, but calcium and mag stays about the same. Should I just dose carbo-calcium?

15% water change once a week.

kalk is another option. I read up on the 2 options but can’t seems to get a clear pic on pro and cons. My tank is not very big, so the cost is not a concern btw the 2. I have an AIO , so reactor not an option.

any suggestions is welcome.

Not to hijack this thread. I just started to research the All for Reef. Inventory is tight but the bulk ingredients is still available from BRS. Carbo-Calcium, Bio-Mag , and Trace elements.

my tank seems to be consuming Alk, but calcium and mag stays about the same. Should I just dose carbo-calcium?

kalk is another option. I read up on the 2 options but can’t seems to get a clear pic on pro and cons. My tank is not very big, so the cost is not a concern btw the 2. I have an AIO , so reactor not an option.

In a panic, I bought the ingredients for AFR because the DIY kit was out of stock. Since I’m switching to 2 part, I’ll be happy to sell them to you. My system was consuming too much to make AFR sustainable during these shortages.

In a panic, I bought the ingredients for AFR because the DIY kit was out of stock. Since I’m switching to 2 part, I’ll be happy to sell them to you. My system was consuming too much to make AFR sustainable during these shortages.
will PM you

Ca always gets consumed at a rate proportional to Alk, just that the amount of Ca in the water is so much more than it is harder to see change. If you are doing routine water changes you may not need to dose Mg or trace elements.

Do you have a solution for the tubes curling?

I use the same thing, issue I always have is the airline tubes curl a bit and I always end up dripping solution against the back of the tank and it makes a giant mess of precipitation.

Was thinking when I eventually get the pump going again I need to connect some ridgid tubing to the airline.

Haven't done 2 part in awhile, but I made this out of scrap acrylic and some JG fittings. It was attached to the side of the sump in the return chamber.
1620055496104.png

I also dosed Alk/Ca at different times with a 10 minute split difference.

Looks like most issues are covered above.
You want it to drip cleanly into the water.
You either want to dose at different times, or move drip lines fairly far apart.

If you are using baking soda for alk (bicarbonate instead of carbonate) then you may want
to drip near your skimmer, so more CO2 is blown off. Otherwise PH may drop.

Back