Cali Kid Corals

Aquarium Movers

I recommend you look for piano movers.They have experience with heavy, fragile objects. Or BAR folks - I've heard they do this every weekend just for giggles.
They're experienced in pianos (they don't crack in half if unsupported) I'd go with aquarium service professionals, or a LFS. They know how to move aquaria a heck of a lot better then any other mover, and they'll be cheaper most likely. Piano movers are bonded typically and you'll be paying that.

Hope you have better luck than I did for my last big tank move. I couldn’t get any professionals to help.

I'm in the same boat!!
West Coast moving company in San rafeal just quoted me $250 hour with 2 hour minimum for 4 guys and truck. But like above mentioned zero experience in tank moves.. only muscle

I'm in the same boat!!
West Coast moving company in San rafeal just quoted me $250 hour with 2 hour minimum for 4 guys and truck. But like above mentioned zero experience in tank moves.. only muscle

And that’s a huge concern. I’ve check w piano movers they won’t touch them.. I’m just not sure in my case it would even be worth it. By the time it’s said and done, I’m paying the same price as a brand new truvue would be shipped.

So I’ve been doing some research. Here’s my plan (subject to change based on input)
1) build a platform like the bottom of a crate
2) rent a small hand powered lift with forks. They can handle loads up to 1000 #
3) use the lift and platform to move the tank off the stand and onto 2 appliance dollies and strap the tank to the dollies
4) use the appliance dollies to move the tank into the getaway vehicle
5) do the opposite when it gets here

The thinking is having 4 people on each end to assist with the moving of the tank and stand while I drive from point A to point B solo. I have guys on this end I would just need help on the other.

Any thoughts?

BTW This is not happening tomorrow. I’m just trying to plan the move out to make sure it’s doable. There is no timeline right now.

So I’ve been doing some research. Here’s my plan (subject to change based on input)
1) build a platform like the bottom of a crate
2) rent a small hand powered lift with forks. They can handle loads up to 1000 #
3) use the lift and platform to move the tank off the stand and onto 2 appliance dollies and strap the tank to the dollies
4) use the appliance dollies to move the tank into the getaway vehicle
5) do the opposite when it gets here

The thinking is having 4 people on each end to assist with the moving of the tank and stand while I drive from point A to point B solo. I have guys on this end I would just need help on the other.

Any thoughts?

BTW This is not happening tomorrow. I’m just trying to plan the move out to make sure it’s doable. There is no timeline right now.
You don’t understand what appliance dolly is I think. Your plan seems ok if there are no steps or bumps like thresholds. And no sharp turns that would limit the ability of an 8 foot tank to be moved in that manner.
Personally I would rent an actual APPLIANCE dolly, you only need one, or just have people carry it with suction cups.

Back