got ethical husbandry?

NanoCrazed's Lazy Tank(s) Journal

@Kensington Reefer on a more serious note... i have a notes on things that happened around the time of spawning last times... so looking to test out and recreate the magic.

Not sure if it might be related to a seasonal cycle as well. So lots of theories, nothing concrete yet. Though, the second spawn happened around this time previously so maybe timing works out.
perhaps temperature changes could stimulate…
Works on cichlids
just a though, but I’m no scientist

Been awhile...

Tanks have been hit with some bad mojo. My DT is suffering from so stubborn dino issue that just won't go away. Everytime I beat it back with blackout and H2O2, the minute the lights come back, the atuff returns. Have taken out most of my sps.

Then tonight, just discovered both of my heaters failed while I was out in Tahoe... water was 62F but have no idea how long. I lost several tangs... one of which (my large sailfin) was lying on side breathing slow but died minutes after I moved it to get the expired bristletooth out from under it. Sigh. Feel a bit guilty thinking if I might have just left the water warm without startling it, I might have been able to save it.

Been awhile...

Tanks have been hit with some bad mojo. My DT is suffering from so stubborn dino issue that just won't go away. Everytime I beat it back with blackout and H2O2, the minute the lights come back, the atuff returns. Have taken out most of my sps.

Then tonight, just discovered both of my heaters failed while I was out in Tahoe... water was 62F but have no idea how long. I lost several tangs... one of which (my large sailfin) was lying on side breathing slow but died minutes after I moved it to get the expired bristletooth out from under it. Sigh. Feel a bit guilty thinking if I might have just left the water warm without startling it, I might have been able to save it.
Sorry to hear! These tough ones always happen when you are away.

Life's been busy so been off forums and what-not for awhile... didn't help that my tanks suffered yet another string of bad mojo so motivation was low. But finally decided to get back to some level of engagement.

Was on a good start picking up lots of pieces to restart some projects. One being torch breeding -- figured if I can get it to happen twice before, I might have a fair shot at a repeat. I also cleaned up my EVO 12 for a RFA and scoly project as well.

But as with my consistent bad mojo... I had a prolonged spill yesterday and realized that my tank stand for my AquaJapan 85 will be in need for a new stand. Ugh.

When I built my ADU it was the one year the storms hit hard... which unbeknownst to me at that time meant that the clay underneath would be swollen despite waiting for things to dry out before building. As bad luck would have it during the dry weather that'sthe case 99.9% of the time, the clay would shrink and cause the water level to rise towards the lip on one side of the tank. I normally would adjust the flow but when I looked in the morning, it seemed close but not urgent and was running late for something. Lo and behold, I walked into my office to find water overflowing on one corner and all over the floor. Didn't think it was that bad at first when I was cleaning up but noticed the horizobtal MDF panels swollen and deamination under the tank and on the bottom board. Structurally seems OK but likely a ticking time bomb...

The kicker is the ADU has adjustable feet so didn't stress at first since I was planning to tweak things but the bolts are now thoroughly rusted and glued.

On top of that... I discovered one of my tridents have a rusted pinch valve rendering it out of service... no sweat, found replacements on alibaba... and I have a spare trident. Then discovered the sample lime for a all 3 tridents I have are clogged.

I have some sensitive pieces being delivered next week...a working trident would be great since I am traveling g soon after.

So the scramble is on... then I will stress about how to rehome everything across my tanks to do a stand swap...or maybe a tank swap while I am at it. Sigh

Maybe I should go back on Reeling sabbatical...

Attachments

• 20240828_192633.jpg
    20240828_192633.jpg
    230 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240902_094946.jpg
    20240902_094946.jpg
    139.5 KB · Views: 51
  • 20240902_095014.jpg
    20240902_095014.jpg
    152.8 KB · Views: 51
On top of that... I discovered one of my tridents have a rusted pinch valve rendering it out of service... no sweat, found replacements on alibaba... and I have a spare trident. Then discovered the sample lime for a all 3 tridents I have are clogged.

Welcome back! Any chance you have a link for those pinch valves/solenoids?

Welcome back! Any chance you have a link for those pinch valves/solenoids?

Back