Reef nutrition

New to BAR

tribbitt

Supporting Member
Was recommended numerous times by many people to join this club, finally did. Pretty excited to join this community of reefers, and hope to make friends as i progress in the hobby!

I'm in high school, got a part-time weekend job at an LFS and finally set up my tank; it's been four months and I finally bit the bullet to become a supporting member. Looking forward to many frag trades in the future!

Was recommended numerous times by many people to join this club, finally did. Pretty excited to join this community of reefers, and hope to make friends as i progress in the hobby!

I'm in high school, got a part-time weekend job at an LFS and finally set up my tank; it's been four months and I finally bit the bullet to become a supporting member. Looking forward to many frag trades in the future!
Qel

Welcome to the club. Lots of Jedi Masters here that can help you progress in the hobby. I would love to see a picture and hear about your tank

Welcome! Tell us about your setup!
I've got a tank journal now (just wrote it up) but the synopsis is that I've gotten a lot of support from the hobby, have some beautiful coral because of other reefers' generosity and help, and 4 months in was able to recover an RTNing acro and give it color. Picked up some more SPS recently.

Tank is a petco 20g long, 4 months old, aquaclear 70 filter, live sand, cycled media, dry rock. Hydor Aqamai LRs50 light. Ultra budget, but I'm doing alright :)

I've got a tank journal now (just wrote it up) but the synopsis is that I've gotten a lot of support from the hobby, have some beautiful coral because of other reefers' generosity and help, and 4 months in was able to recover an RTNing acro and give it color. Picked up some more SPS recently.

Tank is a petco 20g long, 4 months old, aquaclear 70 filter, live sand, cycled media, dry rock. Hydor Aqamai LRs50 light. Ultra budget, but I'm doing alright :)
Welcome! Would love to see the corals. Any pictures of the tank?

Welcome! Would love to see the corals. Any pictures of the tank?
IMG_2702.jpeg

Here is the tank, and below is the hammer that is my profile pic
IMG_2084.jpeg

There's a Billy of high school age that works at Kenny's shop some weekends, thought maybe it was you! What LFS are you working at?
I work at Clear Water some few hours on weekends, it’s the only LFS I can bike to regularly. Everywhere else is too far, and I only make occasional trips to other stores like Neptune when I have the energy to bike 20+ miles :)

Welcome! A lot of us started around the same age with budget tank and worked in an LFS too. We've got some events coming up this summer so hopefully you can check them out.

See if you can encourage Ed to update the Clear Water sub forum (or take over it as an employee). Would be good to see what's going on there!

Welcome! A lot of us started around the same age with budget tank and worked in an LFS too. We've got some events coming up this summer so hopefully you can check them out.

See if you can encourage Ed to update the Clear Water sub forum (or take over it as an employee). Would be good to see what's going on there!
Yeah, there’s been quite a few changes even in the short time I’ve been there.

Welcome to BAR @tribbitt ! Good on ya for joining as a supporting member. You will get that back in value in no time at all. Hopefully we get a chance to meet at one of the upcoming events. Cheers!

Welcome to BAR @tribbitt ! Good on ya for joining as a supporting member. You will get that back in value in no time at all. Hopefully we get a chance to meet at one of the upcoming events. Cheers!
Yeah, pretty stoked about the club: frag swaps sounds awesome, the par meter might come in handy at some point, and the DBTC program is really cool: free coral for everyone, with the only stipulation being you gotta give away more free coral for everyone, a system in which nobody loses: you get insurance from tank crashes by donating. People on here seem really cool as well :)

Back