Our mission

Help to move Elos 120 from SF-FS

Ayman

Supporting Member
Hi All

I plan to pick up the Elos 120, a 90-gallon tank from @iCon SF near 280 to Foster City on Sunday at 11:AM, and I am hoping to get help with the move?
The pickup location is on the second floor and drop-off will be on the first floor.
I guess that four people total is more than enough.

To Do:
1) Find a van or truck: might have to rent one from Uhaul.
2) locate the suction cups and pick them up.

For those with experience in moving tanks, feel free to chime in.

Last edited:
I carried a 100g with 2 people. Besides 4 people is going to be a challenge squeezing down from the 2nd floor stairs. Unless there's an elevator.

An SUV will work, just need 2nd trip for stand. Unless it's a large suv.

The tank and cabinet depth is 22.4" deep each. So a vehicle with 48" is sufficient.

Thanks all for the input, if two guys can pull this off then I should have a friend who can help. I was hoping to get someone who did moves before so I don't crack it like I did with my 170 recently.

I carried a 100g with 2 people. Besides 4 people is going to be a challenge squeezing down from the 2nd floor stairs. Unless there's an elevator.

An SUV will work, just need 2nd trip for stand. Unless it's a large suv.

The tank and cabinet depth is 22.4" deep each. So a vehicle with 48" is sufficient.
I am sure I can pull it off with an SUV, two trips but it makes it hard to get it in there. no leverage.

Not sure if that model has the double pane glass bottom like my 120XL, but if it is it's very bottom heavy. Hope there is an elevator or very few stairs. Make sure to use suction cups and furniture dollies. Also make sure to bring a hex tool to remove the bulkhead at the bottom of the overflow.

Not sure if that model has the double pane glass bottom like my 120XL, but if it is it's very bottom heavy. Hope there is an elevator or very few stairs. Make sure to use suction cups and furniture dollies. Also make sure to bring a hex tool to remove the bulkhead at the bottom of the overflow.
From the elos threads i been reading i believe its single pane glass. Yours probable the newer elos. But i Could be wrong. The hex tool, would never guess i would need it. thanks.

Hi All

I plan to pick up the Elos 120, a 90-gallon tank from @iCon SF near 280 to Foster City on Sunday at 11:AM, and I am hoping to get help with the move?
The pickup location is on the second floor and drop-off will be on the first floor.
I guess that four people total is more than enough.

To Do:
1) Find a van or truck: might have to rent one from Uhaul.
2) locate the suction cups and pick them up.

For those with experience in moving tanks, feel free to chime in.
I received both sets of cups the other day. I’m hopefully done with them tomorrow. Thursday night at the latest. All yours in your in line for them. I’m just in San Carlos, so very close

Back