Jestersix

2020 SF Tank Tour?

@rygh please put this on the front page. Thanks!

So this will happen. We have the following tanks to see on Saturday Jan 11, 2020

Mike @Coral reefer
Rolf @Corallus
Philip @bluprntguy
Jess @treylane
Garvin @glee

If anyone else wants to show their tank, please let me know.

Probably do a potluck in between. Mini frag swap? Fish food making? I would like to get a carpool going. Maybe rent a van to get people around. RSVP here.

Last edited:
That’s an ambitious schedule. Sounds fun. Would like to let my wife know the general time frame we will be at my place.
For those attending please check out dbtc frags I have offered and my cheap frags for sale thread and let me know if you will want anything.

Hi, I would like to coordinate an SF tank tour Jan 11 or 12. I attended a couple of these tours in the past and remember how much fun I had seeing other people’s tanks. Please post here if you would like to “show off” your tank and which date(s) work for you.

If you are not in SF and would like to show off your tank, feel free to post here. We might be able to add it in depending on the location. We have gone up to Jon’s home north of GG bridge as well as Treasure Island.

There will be a potluck or something arranged for food. I’ll also look at transportation options depending on the size of the group.

post your questions comments here

@rygh please put this on the front page. Thanks!

So this will happen. We have the following tanks to see on Saturday Jan 11, 2020

Mike @Coral reefer
Rolf @Corallus
Philip @bluprntguy
Jess @treylane
Garvin @glee

If anyone else wants to show their tank, please let me know.

Probably do a potluck in between. Mini frag swap? Fish food making? I would like to get a carpool going. Maybe rent a van to get people around. RSVP here.

Hi Glee, and others involved.
I have three reef tanks to show if you are welling to add me on your tank tour list on Saturday January 11th, 2020. I can serve some snacks and drinks. Happy 2020 and more guidance from BARS successful reef keepers to others in the coming decade.

I'll have zoa frags (oxides and purple monsters) as DBTC's for those who come by and are interested (first picks go to those who bring their own containers ;)). Looking forward to seeing other SF tanks!

Hi Glee, and others involved.
I have three reef tanks to show if you are welling to add me on your tank tour list on Saturday January 11th, 2020. I can serve some snacks and drinks. Happy 2020 and more guidance from BARS successful reef keepers to others in the coming decade.

Hi Mr Fong, I sent you a PM. Please check and respond.

@rygh Please put this on the front page, thanks!

We will start at 9:30am at Jess's place @treylane in San Mateo.
We will then visit:
@wfong (Mr. Fong) 11:00am light refreshments
@bluprntguy (Philip) 12:00pm potluck, bring a small dish, snack, whatever
@Corallus (Rolf) 1:30pm
@Coral reefer (Mike) 2:30pm

Times are tentative depending on traffic and how long we stay at each location but I want to try to make this schedule happen. I encourage carpooling. I can take 4 people if you come to my place. I dont think we will have too much trouble finding parking at any other these places except Rolf's. There is plenty of free parking in my area. I will pm everyone that rsvp'd or expressed interest here with Jess's address. If you cannot make Jess's place first but want to join the tour, PM me which location you will be at and I will provide the address for meet up. I will also try to let you know the time we will be there.

Any questions? post here.

Does anyone going have salinity calibration fluid I can use? If there is enough, maybe we should all bring our refractometer. We can also wear a lab coat and eye protection to look nerdy.

Back