Jestersix

2021 BAR Apparel

I just received my XL hoodie and I guess they run super small. Just an FYI if you are considering ordering one. I’m just going to give it to my GF and order another larger one.

I never wear branded shirts/hoodies etc like this because they are never available in Tall sizes. No one appreciates a crack attack even if your shirt has a Kraken design on it :) I'd grab a couple if 1 XL Tall was available.

Reactions: JVU
Do these all support ocean conservation or just the single side print ones?
Different styles are labeled as benefiting either Ocean Conservancy or BAR. If you are looking for a logical pattern as to why, it’s just because Pablo set it up that way.

CFM is coming up next month and some members have talked about having t-shirts and hoodies for sale at the BAR table. I am happy to volunteer to spearhead the effort, what do others think? Yay or nay?

CFM is coming up next month and some members have talked about having t-shirts and hoodies for sale at the BAR table. I am happy to volunteer to spearhead the effort, what do others think? Yay or nay?
That would be great! If you want to talk more about ideas and what has worked and not worked in the past, PM me. If there’s a way you are envisioning for the Club to support this also let me know.

I would purchase them if they were available at the event. Only hard thing is there rarely xs and small for my wife and I. Also need to accept cc and cash. Stickers?

I would purchase them if they were available at the event. Only hard thing is there rarely xs and small for my wife and I. Also need to accept cc and cash. Stickers?
Yes, keeping in stock every size and version is the main challenge. Keeping it simple is better if possible. More likely I would guess it would involve an estimate of what people will buy ahead of time, with purchase of just enough and the goal of selling out before the end of the event. We’ve over-bought and stocked plenty of everything in the past and it’s a pain when you have lots of extras to store and haul around.

Plus it commits the person organizing (previously has been me) to come to most events, and generally for most if not all of the event.

Accepting cash in general requires a cash box, which requires someone from the Board generally to be around the whole time, we used to do that all the time but there has been less enthusiasm for that part lately. Going cashless is a lot easier at the event but presents it’s own challenges in setting up payment systems for our small-time use, and verifying in real-time.

A lot of details would depend on whether it is the club buying and selling the shirts or an individual. The club definitely wants to support this. The goal in my mind would be to get more shirts and other BAR stuff into the hands of members at cost, rather than trying to use it to raise funds.

Regarding stickers- We have made very nice ones, and generally make them available at events. Not sure if we need to get more.

Back