Reef nutrition

2nd Nero 3 died within 3 years- how long yours last?

newfly

Supporting Member
First replaced under warranty.
Second now just died (same symptoms- blinking red light) after 3 years.

I guess that’s the longevity of these pump. I am going to try replacing one with ac pump- sicce xstream .

I have 2 other dc pump (also by sicce) on wave mode. I guess I am ok or swap out the Nero with fixed flow pump.

If you’re not going to use the mounting magnets, I would be interested in a set.
I have one but have lost the mounting parts.
But it’s disappointing that they don’t last very long

I had the same red light error. First one I bought used died in 4 months. Got a warranty replacement and that died in less than a year. Sold that warranty replacement. Maybe I wasn't cleaning them enough.

I had the same red light error. First one I bought used died in 4 months. Got a warranty replacement and that died in less than a year. Sold that warranty replacement. Maybe I wasn't cleaning them enough.
Which pump did you end up using as the replacement?

When you guys are getting the error. After you clean it do you go through the app and restart the device? I get the red light error from time to time but have always managed to clear it.

Tank Name / Settings / Devices / Select specific device / Restart Device

Which pump did you end up using as the replacement?
Octo Pulse. Love them, I have four now.

When you guys are getting the error. After you clean it do you go through the app and restart the device? I get the red light error from time to time but have always managed to clear it.
I went through all those procedures and walked through it with AI customer support without any luck.

If you’re not going to use the mounting magnets, I would be interested in a set.
I have one but have lost the mounting parts.
But it’s disappointing that they don’t last very long

Tank Name / Settings / Devices / Select specific device / Restart Device
Yeah done that plus more.

this is a first for me. I’ve been running a nero5 since they were first introduced to the market. running 24/7 minimal cleanings ( maybe cleaned 3 times). and have never had a problem other than the app losing its “time” settings. I switched it off the AI app, and put it on Mobius and the time issue is fixed.

I also owned multiple Nero pumps that started having issues in <6 months. Great pumps when they are working but would not buy more.

I am starting to hear good things about the octo pulse. I love my varios pumps. @CaseyP are you running them with a hydros wave engine or just the default controller?

Back